Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Amp Repair Places

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 04:08 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Amp Repair Places

Alright anyone know some places to repair an amp.

my 2500D took a shi t on me today

Someone RELIABLE and resonably priced.

Also Pat do you happen to do repairs at your shop?

Old 11-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Amp Repair Places

What's wrong with the amp? Does it still power up but no output? I've fixed two of my amps before, that I purchased broken and repaired myself. I don't know of any places that will repair an amp though sorry. If I were you I would get rid of the orion and get something like an IA 20.1 since you are running your amp at 0.5ohm.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

i dunno about getting rid of the Orion....that amp is a beast and can handle being dropped to .17 which is just crazy lol. Jon i gave u the email for The Robot Underground if Pat cant fix it

Old 11-05-2006, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

What's wrong with the amp? Does it still power up but no output? I've fixed two of my amps before, that I purchased broken and repaired myself. I don't know of any places that will repair an amp though sorry. If I were you I would get rid of the orion and get something like an IA 20.1 since you are running your amp at 0.5ohm.
It's got power and all but the output isnt there correct. How'd you diagnos (sp) the problem and fix it on urs?

I mean the guys from Team BK gave me the hookup and told me what to say when i call orion lol. They are running there 2500D's at .25 daily on music for there setups. I mean dont get me wrong I'd LOOOVVVEEEEEEE an IA 20.1 lol. But i just dont have all that cash to throw around to just straight up buy another hefty *** amp lol.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:38 PM

I would avoid sending it to orion and I have read on ca.com that it takes WAY too long.

Open the amp up and if should be pretty obvious what's wrong. I would think that there will be some fried FET's. When you look at the board it's the same on the opposite side. So you can test each component on one side and then check the parts on the other side. Most the time it's only one side of the board that goes. When I did mine I changed:
1 voltage reg
13 outputs
1 diode
about 10 resistors
and a couple caps

Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

nah, I can't fix it. but these buys can. http://hometown.aol.com/jandrelectronics

I have sent them a few and have been pleased. THere is another place in Charlotte,hafta find their name and address, on home computer. I love working on sunday!!!

Old 11-05-2006, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

I would avoid sending it to orion and I have read on ca.com that it takes WAY too long.

Open the amp up and if should be pretty obvious what's wrong. I would think that there will be some fried FET's. When you look at the board it's the same on the opposite side. So you can test each component on one side and then check the parts on the other side. Most the time it's only one side of the board that goes. When I did mine I changed:
1 voltage reg
13 outputs
1 diode
about 10 resistors
and a couple caps
would that happen though if the amp is still getting power?? b/c we opened up and checked and nothing looked friend and the amp was still getting checked

Old 11-05-2006, 01:53 PM

Well if nothing is fried that sounds a little better. I would check the FET's then for sure. When I fixed my alpine amp nothing looked burned at all. It was only a couple of output FET's that were gone. Bust out the dmm and see if you can figure anything out. Sorry I can't be more technical as I don't have the knowledge. I spent like $40 to fix my orion, and like $30 on my alpine for the parts. Worst comes to worst it has to be sent away.

Depending on how much it would cost to have repaired, plus what you could get for selling it broken, you might be more than half way to getting an IA! They were going for like $500 shipped used.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
tylersilva12 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176672

here's a thread on ca.com...its a list of amp repair places

Old 11-06-2006, 02:27 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

you could always take advantage and get a more beastly amp. like an Autotek 4000.1, or the Optidrive 4000D - both are 4000 rms at 1 ohm with 12.5 volts. Hifonics XX-Cyclops is also a 4000rms at 1 0hm. however, the sidewinders are D4 VC's - so maybe like 2x 2000D's are the way to go and be puttin 1000 rms on each of those bad boys. WOOT!

Quick Reply: Amp Repair Places