Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Amp tuning...lol

Old 01-08-2007, 10:17 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Amp tuning...lol

So all of the little adjustments on my amp.. gain and frequency... what should those be at for optimum performance??

Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Amp tuning...lol

if subsonic filter, turn on. gain, set at around 1/3. freq at around 80 or so.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:49 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

k... so i have a crossover switch that says lp ap and hp..... what should it be on??

Old 01-09-2007, 12:10 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

low pass, full or high pass.

Depends what the amp will be powering.
I am going to guess your subs.
If so,set it to low pass.
Iwouldset the "bass boost" off. (I call it a distorting boost..lol)
Also some models you can adjust the db gain along with the amp gain.

On my Fosagate 200.2, I have the gains around 65% the low freq at 80hz. I have no other choice on the LP.The amphas a removable card on the bottom to set the freq x-over.

And the db boost at 10% My HU bass set at "0" adn the treble at "+1."

Thesettings are low but I think I can cank it pretty loud with minimal audible distortion.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:13 AM

ive got the fosgate 5002..... powering two kicker cvr's.... bass boost off? ive got a remote bass controller, but I dont believe I can turn it off...lol

Old 01-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

don't use the remote bass ****. just unplug it. set the gains right and you will never have to turn it up at all.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:27 AM

nice, you got a controller for it.

Is the controller for gain or bass boost? It's a personal preferance on all audio. Just set it till you hear distortion then back off a bit.
Depending the music too. Sometimes some tracks are harder hitting where you may have to adj accordingly.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:31 AM

well, i played with it a bit.... left it on all pass on the cross-over... the gain is up about half-way.. sounds fine to me....... it wont hurt anything having the gain at about 50% will it? and it is a bass boost controller so on the extra hard songs I can just turn it down...lol

Old 01-09-2007, 12:43 AM

leaving the x over on full pass, you are allowing higher frequencies the transducers are trying to reproduce.

1/2 is excellent. cause the more gain, the more distortion.
1/2 gain is probably a good minimum. Experiment with other music you listen to. Sit in the driver seat, and eventually you'll dial it into the sweet spot.

Bump on brother!

Old 01-09-2007, 12:49 AM

see I listen to mostly rock and country..... do I need higher frequencies for diff types of music?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Amp tuning...lol