Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

anythign better then...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anythign better then...

i bought my 95 blazer LT last week (forgot if it was a ls or lt when i made my name).it has a pioneer premier model DEH-P640 head,kenwood KAC-929 (1000 w)amp and a kicker solo baric S8L7 (i think thats what it is he told me it was a 8"sub) with a pyramid gold SE902G eq (looks kind of cheap). let me say i listen to rock so it sounds good for that. i am looking into upgrading the rest of the speakers. heres what im looking into getting.

dash- kicker 07DS460
front door- kicker 07DS600
rear door- kicker 07DS5250

does anyone have these and what are your opinions on them. remember i will be listening to rock and with the solo baric it has plenty of bass im lacking on the mids and highs. i am also considering adding another solo baric 8" if im not happy with how it sounds after i upgrade my other speakers. also how hard would it be to add some better speaker wire and some bass filters ? my overall objective it to have it sound clear and clean. let me hear what you guys think.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:09 AM
Starting Member
Default RE: anythign better then...

any comments ?

Old 03-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Might have gotten more bites with a better thread title... Poor choice of thread titles yeilds poor results.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:40 PM
98BlazerLT4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't put speakers in the rear or in the dash. I would put a decent 2 way component set in the front doors and run them off an amp and put the subs in the back, although I would go with something larger than an 8".

Old 03-28-2008, 06:03 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

kicker speakers r pretty good so i would say ur good

Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 AM
prozach1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea my kicker serves me quite well

Old 03-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a lot happier with my truck's sound since I disconnected the rear speakers and put a set of Infinity plates in the dash. I have Pioneer 6" 4-ways in the front doors and 2 Cerwin-Vega 15"s in the trunk.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

in short, theres always better

Old 03-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Starting Member

the kicker was in the truck when i bought it along with everything else i have listed in the first post. iwould rather go components but i dont want to hack up my door in the process and if i go with the speakers i mentioned in the other post i wont need a amp for them (or will i ?) thats why i was thinking of the setup i suggested in the other post. the reason why i want to go with kicker is because i hear the mids/highs are good but they lack on the bass and with the solo baric (even tho its just a 8) has plenty of bass for me. if not then ill get another.from what ive found out onthe net (crutchfield)the factory speakers are 4x6" in the dash, 6 1/2x6 3/4" in the front door, and 5 1/4"in the rear door. does this sound right (no pun intended)? remember i listen to rock and im after overall quality/clearity. anyone can do loud but i want lound and clear. keep the suggestions comming. to let you knwo how long it has been since i was into carstero stuff cerwin-vega strokers were the subs to have. do they even make those anymore ?

Old 03-30-2008, 12:22 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

in short, theres always better
until you get to that point where everything is subjective

Quick Reply: anythign better then...