Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

aux mod possible?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
numus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aux mod possible?

I was wondering if it was possible to mod a 3.5 mm stereo jack to work off the aux switch on a stock delco headunit.. i have the one with AM/FM/CD and my fm transmitter still gives me a nice static on all channels...
If this isnt possible anyone know an already made mod taht goes between that antenna plug and headunit that blocks out a certain radio station from the antenna (yes it is possible i just havent found it yet)

Old 01-24-2008, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: aux mod possible?

found THIS LINK... on the left column of the page, theres a selection for different year trucks. i searched ebay for BLAZER AUXILIARY INPUT and found similar devices for thesame price... im sure theres a way to tap into the AUX line on the stock deck though

if i were you, i would get an aftermarket deck, espicially if you have an iPod, there are quite a few decks with iPod controls available..

Old 01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

That product only works under certain conditions of the stock stereo, and based on years. I did research on it a while back, bought one i thought would work but then found out it didnt. Luckily my dad wanted it so i sold it on to him. Dont believe what the ebay sellers say about what vehicles it fits, you need to go to the P.I.E. website for the complete details. Just wanted to warn you before you drop $50+ into it.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:10 PM
numus is an unknown quantity at this point

aight i have a 2003 chevy blazer..
it is 1 and a half din on the radio right? so if i purchase an aftermarket headunit that is only 1 din what do i do with the extra space? also how does the radio harness work with the aftermarket headunit (i have high bandpass filters on my harness right now for my amp and subs)

Old 01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

You would get an install kit, that should look like my install. From there, you would not use the aux input kit shown above, you would need to get one specific to your new aftermarket headunit. Usually is just one you plug into the back of the new headunit, otherwise it may even have a built in aux input (maybe be 3.5mm plug or more likely a left and right RCA input, which you can get a cord with male RCA plugs on one end and a male 3.5mm jack on the other end to plug into anything with that size headphone jack(iPod, laptop, etc.)).

Old 01-31-2008, 01:56 PM
hls811 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had that adapter in my 2002 Blazer and it worked great!!! (Unfortunatley I havent' had much luck with 2 similair kits for my '04 Blazer even though the sites said they would work).

I'm not sure what radio your 2003 has - if its like the 2002's it should work; if its the same as the '04's you might be out of luck.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Kazman is on a distinguished road
Default replacement stereo

would like to adapt my iPod to work on the factory stereo in my '04. I was wondering about trying to find a stereo from another chevy in the junkyard that has an aux input jack (maybe a newer model). has anyone tried soemthing like this? am i better off just getting an aftermarket receiver?

Old 01-18-2010, 07:12 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'd recommend aftermarket. it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle to try for a newer delco radio. What about getting one of the FM transmitters for ipods? They work pretty well.