Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

BasslinkII

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:22 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BasslinkII

http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Owner's%20Manual/basslink4sc_OM.pdf

( Sorry, the link takes a bit longer than usual to open )

I'm actually thinking about trying this little setup out, along with my Kappas, I am not looking for ridiculous power or competition, and my buddy has the 200watt Basslink sub, and it sounds great, nothing for competition but, nice, clean bass...Anyways, as you can see, the BasslinkII has an expansion slot for the Basslink 4sc 4-channel amp, the Basslink 4sc is 35Wx4 @ 4 ohms and 50Wx4 @ 2 ohms, I have Kappas which are 2 ohm speakers so I am just wondering if anyone knows or could research ( i've tried ) and try to find out if this amp is stable at 2 ohms, because if it is, i'll be getting it, looks pretty simple to install and set-up too.

[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-07-2007, 06:26 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: BasslinkII

Generally, if an amp lists an ohm rating with a power rating, it's stable running at that level of resistance...

Old 02-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

yep, thats a nice little unit. used to sell them, loved them for what they were, the sound will change framatically over the first week that you own it, as the sub breaks in.

Old 02-08-2007, 02:36 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6593.html

That link is what brought my concern to it being stable at 2 ohms, i'm questioning if it's even a trustable website because the 4sc amp is 35Wx4 @ 4 ohms, this site says it's 50Wx4 @ 4 ohms, and not stable at 2 ohms, so i'm not sure to trust it or not.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-08-2007, 07:38 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

According to the amp manual, it's 50Wx4 @ 2 ohms, so unless they do some crazy testing (not likely) I'd go with what the manual says...

Old 02-08-2007, 01:54 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

could try email em.......see what they say......or just drop er to 1ohm and see what happens