Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

best 6.5 speakers for the money

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Beginning Member
CamaroBlazerguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best 6.5 speakers for the money

Just wonderin what u guys think r the best 6.5 door speakers 4 the money. I got a 95 with a pioneer head unit and eventually a 10in kicker sub thats in my camaro as of right now. I dont need anything crazy just somethin that sounds good and isnt to expensive. I was lookin at the powerbass S-6C. Anyone use em? If so how do u like em/ I can get a pair 4 around $50. Also they have seperate tweeters how do u hook up seperate tweeters? thanks

Hears a link 4 the powerbass's
http://www.powerbassusa.com/products...omponents.html
its the first ones on the page

Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

you are asking an opinion based question. Everyone will have a different answer. Plus you never gave your budget.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:18 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

from my personal experience powerbass s series component suck, tweeters are extremely harsh and the midbass lacks big time, for decent budget comps look at phenoix gold RSD65cs

Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member
CamaroBlazerguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobditts
you are asking an opinion based question. Everyone will have a different answer. Plus you never gave your budget.
I want peoples opinion thats why i asked the question. My buget 4 just the 6.5in speakers is max price $60

Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 PM
hubbmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

I have MA Audio's in my 4 dr. They have good response and the tweeters are crystal clear. I have mine running off a Pioneer Premier HU and they run pretty good (getting a 4ch sooner or later though). Only paid $60/pr from www.onlinecarstereo.com. Here's the link for the specs: http://www.maaudio.com/product.jhtm?id=41&cid=13

Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'm currently running JBL GT5-652's in my doors. they're 45W (RMS/135W peak) and they seem to be ok. but i think i might upgrade them to the MTX XT603 that i have in my Burb (65W RMS/260W peak, running 3 pairs-and a s**t load more!).
i know these MTX are 6" (not 6.5"), but they'll screw in, as the mounting holes are elongated and there is enough material to "grab" the screw.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

also, a good speaker for the dash is the RF HPC2246 4X6 plates (40W RMS/85W peak).

Old 09-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Starting Member
midnightmekanik is on a distinguished road

I guess you mean $60US? Try to find eclipse 6.5 component or coaxial on ebay. I have two components in the doors, the tweets in the dash, and the two coaxials in the rear doors. I had them temporarily running off the deck which wasn't bad, but with my ppi amp, they sound phenomenal!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

pioneer coax's

Old 09-23-2009, 03:37 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by midnightmekanik
I guess you mean $60US?........
i know it's not stated anywhere (that i know of), but i don't think i've ever been on a forum that wasn't started in the US. kinda thought it was a given, i guess.

Quick Reply: best 6.5 speakers for the money