Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Best Speakers on a Budget?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Starting Member
phxjosh is on a distinguished road
Default Best Speakers on a Budget?

Looking to replace the 6x9's and the 6.5's in my 2 door blazer, anyone have any recommendations for good budget speakers that will give me a little more range and sound quality than the stock speakers?

Old 05-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

i just pioneers in mine. i have a 4 door. changed all from stock to pioneer, and its sooooooo much better. i had the money to go "big time" on the speakers, but for what i listen to and how much i drive it, i am more than happy. plus pioneer's are good speakers for a cheap price. it all depends on what you listen to and how much time you spend in the car.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Twip
i just pioneers in mine. i have a 4 door. changed all from stock to pioneer, and its sooooooo much better. i had the money to go "big time" on the speakers, but for what i listen to and how much i drive it, i am more than happy. plus pioneer's are good speakers for a cheap price. it all depends on what you listen to and how much time you spend in the car.
Did you get the basic pioneers that are like $30-$40 a set? I saw some at Walmart today for cheap.

I think the 6x9's I will do first, then the doors.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Kreigeist89 is on a distinguished road
Old 06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Kreigeist89
Get pioneer A series 3 ways off amazon. I just got mine and they sound amazing. Werent that expensive. I wouldnt reccommend the 2 way speakers by them or any 2 way speaker lol.

Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-A6965R 6" x 9" 3-Way TS Series Coaxial Car Speakers: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-A1675R 6-1/2" 3-Way TS Series Coaxial Car Speakers: Electronics

not too expensive either
Thanks for the link. I am going to try the 6x9's first and see how it sounds, then I will move on to the doors and install 6.5's. I don't think I am going to mess with the dash speakers.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Kreigeist89 is on a distinguished road

No problem. the dash speakers werent that bad to get to for me btw.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Horton is on a distinguished road

I just put in those Pioneer 3-way 6.5's in all 4 of my doors just a couple weeks ago. Even with the stock deck (for now) they sound pretty nice. Nice range too them, I got mine from autopartswarehouse.com and I believe it was free shipping.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for the link, not sure if I will get them at walmart and pay a little more or get them shipped.

I just put a little Sony deck a friend gave me in this past week, but the speakers have no range to them everything sounds flat even after messing with the EQ.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:14 PM
schaffer1984 is on a distinguished road

I installed factory pioneers out of a factory pioneer Pontiac Aztec in my door of my blazer and I like how they sound the only mods I had to do was to the speaker housing on the rear doors and I spliced the Aztec speaker wiring into the rear door speaker wire and trim a little on the back of door panels front speaker justs plug in and had to trim the back of door panel plus you can never tell whey didn't come in the blazer

Old 04-11-2018, 03:09 AM
Starting Member
mihaitheman is on a distinguished road

Have you found you speakers yet? if not i recommend you to visit Sound Experts and browse there to find a great collection of speakers

Quick Reply: Best Speakers on a Budget?