Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Blazer Overhead Display Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Overhead Display Upgrade

ok guys sorry for not checking back been doing stuff and my blazer has been in the body shop getting painted. As for schematics ill take the console apart tommorow and take some pics of wat to do. Ill retake all the wires apart and take step by step pics. Make sure if u get a display from a junkyard u get the9 pin harness that was connected to it as well.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:49 AM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes some pics and a write up would help me out big time! I've been wondering about this for about a year but never said anything about it. This would help greatly for me because i can know my exact mpg with the goofy fuel level sending unit not working

Old 06-29-2008, 08:34 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point

My 96 Blazer came stock with the comp/temp. I just got one with all the modes. I hooked it up, but its not working. I spliced the original 6 wires together by color. Then I was left with a purple and orange wire. I connected the purple wire to the purple wire for the data. So where does the orange wire go? Everything light up right now, I just have dashed where the numbers would be. Also my compass is only reading NW and the temp. is dashes also. I also pressed the two buttons to reset it. Any ideas on why its not reading?

Old 11-03-2008, 08:08 PM
noom14921992 is an unknown quantity at this point

would there be a why for you cr8390 to post up some pics for that mod? it makes some sence but not all that much thanks. or better yet any one could help out. i read many posts and i did not realy hear any thing that maid sense. but if any one could help i would like that.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Old 12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Starting Member
Buschkj24 is on a distinguished road

any update on those pictures or wiring schematics? i am looking to get an updated console for my blazer and this is good information, but that wiring schematics would help out a lot!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The wiring diagrams are provided in the links... Not sure what else you are waiting for...

Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Starting Member
Jonas is on a distinguished road
Default wires...

MY 97LT 4 door has no overhead console... Are the cables already up there originaly for temp and compass if i would buy a oh console? Or would i have to wire them up there myself?

// Jonas

Old 02-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

Just wondering if I did this would the range feature work even though my gas guage doesn't? cause if so this would be a huge help for me.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Beginning Member
chop is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, could you help me out a bit here please?
I read a lot about overhead display here and im very much interested in upgrading mine from temp/compass to a full trip computer on 95 blazer.
If i understood correctly i need the newer display ( the one with US/Met and Mode buttons) , harness and wires. Im not sure what harness means, is it that plastic cover?
A link to a dealer or ebay with the parts that i need would be really much appreciated
Local junkyard is out of the question for me because i wouldnt find another blazer in at least 500 miles radius so my only option is ordering it online from someone who ships to europe :P
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: Blazer Overhead Display Upgrade