Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

BOBDITTS official build thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:12 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BOBDITTS official build thread

Im going to use this thread to post all pictures of my audio build up of my '86 blazer. The plans are as follows;

upgrade big 3
upgrade battery (most likely optima red top, maybe a yellow)
focal 165KF components most likely in the kicks.
MTX 8500 12" in a downfired ported box directly behind the drivers seat.
MTX 1501D and Eclipse EA4000 under a flase floor where the rear seat used to be.

Ive already taken out the rear seat and started construction of the ported enclosure. My new camera is suppsoed to show up tomorrow so hopefully I will get some pics posted.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: BOBDITTS official build thread

Can't wait to see the rear seat false floor! I took my rear seats out and wanted to do something similar but ended up putting them back in within two weeks. I guess I use my rear seats more often than I thought!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:49 AM
MaNiAcUk is an unknown quantity at this point

Look forward to see how you do it as im all so looking in to putting a nice bit of bass in my full size truck thinking along the dual batt idea but i will be using a uk type battery like the optima deep cycle and a split charger with 240amp altanator running probably 2 addassaudio 15" subs with 3 sets of components to give me some good mids and tweets just not too sure on which way to make the amp rack and sub boxes was thinking about doing a stealth install so from the out side you cannot even see the subs and amp rack but not sure. so will watch this post and see how you project comes along.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:47 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

look forward to seeing what it looks like as you go good luck

Old 10-23-2007, 04:52 PM

well my camera just came in (its a sony dsc-h9) and I had planned on posting some pics today, but the battery takes 4 hours to charge and I am leaving to go buy a new TV, alpine h701 processor, alpine w205 touch screen DVD, and misc wiring and what not for the blazer. I will get some pics up ASAP.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:59 AM

small update

I picked up some 0/1ga wire, a new distro block, battery fuse and other misc install items last night for the blazer. I also bought a basic alarm for the beast. This will be my first alarm install so I hope it all goes well. My camera battery is all charged up but I am at work all day today and tomorrow. I took some pics yesterday. I may be able to post them tonight.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

if ya need some assistance on the alarm, let me know. what brand/model??

Old 10-24-2007, 12:46 PM

Ill have to get back to you on the brand/model. I think its a hornet something or other but dont quote me on that. Im looking up the alarm wiring now. Shouldnt be too difficult. Gotta find my trusty DMM. Ill let you know if I run into any snags. Thanks!

Old 10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

if you are planning on doing keyless (if that model supports it) you will need two relays. just an FYI

Old 10-24-2007, 02:53 PM

thanks for the heads up. I had planned on doing keyless. any idea what the type of locks are? Is it any of the ones in the link below?

http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp

Quick Reply: BOBDITTS official build thread