Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Bose speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Beginning Member
bradly2795 is on a distinguished road
Default Bose speaker replacement

Ok I have a 2002 Blazer with the factory Bose Stereo. The passenger dash speaker has completely quit working and the passenger front door speaker rattles at very low volumes. I was wondering would it be better to replace the speakers with individual speakers or to use a component speaker set up? Also what wires would I have to use to splice into if I used a component setup?

Old 03-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Beginning Member

Anyone?

Old 03-18-2010, 06:24 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

First off please be patient in waiting for a reply. You only waited overnight for someone to answer. This is a forum, not a chat room so answers are not going to be immediate. People will reply when they can.
How do you know the speaker is bad? The door panels are TERRIBLE for rattling. Have you ruled everything out and are sure the speakers are actually shot?
If it were me I'd replace each speaker individually as required. You may lose some of the "Bose" quality though if you do replace them with after market. I do believe most of the "bose" comes from the amp and the HU though, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable in the speaker world will be along shortly to chime in.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:06 AM
Beginning Member

I know the dash speaker is shot as no sound comes from it at all no matter the fader/balance/ or any other EQ setting. The door speaker may just be loose as if you push in on the door panel it help, however there is still a metallic like noise when the bass hits.

On another note, I know that this is a forum and when I posted my reply there had been 36 views. I figured any response would be better than none. This also go into consideration that at least I did give it overnight and didn't post ever hour or so waiting for a reply.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:14 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I understand that, but you can't expect answers that quick. I know there were 36 views, but that could have been people looking for the same answer as you, or people like me who view just about every thread to see whether we can reply. If we read the thread and don't have the knowledge to give a good answer then we don't reply. As I said though I'm sure someone with better audio knowledge will come along and give you a better answer. You just have to be patient.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:38 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

ANSWERS!!!!

I think that component will be better, but more expensive, with audio you definitely get what you pay for. The components should have a small amp/crossover/freq distributor block that you wire where the original speaker was and the wires off of it will take care of you...

Old 03-18-2010, 10:17 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

I'm running a full alpine system with there 6.5" type r component speakers in the dash and the doors..as for the wires I ran new ones for these and put the crossovers behind the glove box. This requires running the wires into the doors and through the dash..it took me about two hours to do it but the speakers are great and the adjustability is wonderful, tell me if you need more info

Old 03-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Beginning Member

How much is involved with running new wires? I would like to use the factory wiring if possible. I was thinking of some of the Rockford Fosgate components for the front.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Beginning Member

Ok so it has been a couple days with no reply so I thought I would add to this and see if I could get some answer. Now I have narrowed it down between two sets of component speakers for the doors. Price doesn't really matter but I do want to keep it cheaper. Also I would like to keep the same brand of equipment throughout the truck and I can't find any Infinity speakers for the rear doors. Here is what I'm deciding between.
Rockford Fosgate Prine R1652-S $99.99
Infinity Reference 6030cs $159.99

Now I've also started to look at subs and have two difference sets in mind, but I would like questions answered first. First off do DVC subs use more power than a SVC sub would? Also which kind sounds better and easier to wire to an amp? I know that for the DVC subs you have to wire in parallels, but not much more than that. Finally what is biggest difference between 2-Ohm and 4-Ohm, I know one gives you more possibilities for wiring but I'm just looking for simplicity and good sound. Here is what I've looked at for subs. Both are Buy 1 Get 1 so I thought they were a good deal.

Rockford Fosgate P1S412 $109.99
Kicker CompVR 07CVR122 $149.99 (Comes in both 2 and 4 Ohm but only linked to one.)

For an amp I have found some from people I work with. I don't know much about them but would like someone to give an opinion on which to get.

Sony Xplod 800 watt amp. Person told me that this is not the true output of it, it was less.
Kenwood 500 watt amp. True amps?

Thanks for reading. Hope to get some answers back.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:51 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bradly2795
Ok so it has been a couple days with no reply so I thought I would add to this and see if I could get some answer. Now I have narrowed it down between two sets of component speakers for the doors. Price doesn't really matter but I do want to keep it cheaper. Also I would like to keep the same brand of equipment throughout the truck and I can't find any Infinity speakers for the rear doors. Here is what I'm deciding between.
Rockford Fosgate Prine R1652-S $99.99
Infinity Reference 6030cs $159.99

Now I've also started to look at subs and have two difference sets in mind, but I would like questions answered first. First off do DVC subs use more power than a SVC sub would? Also which kind sounds better and easier to wire to an amp? I know that for the DVC subs you have to wire in parallels, but not much more than that. Finally what is biggest difference between 2-Ohm and 4-Ohm, I know one gives you more possibilities for wiring but I'm just looking for simplicity and good sound. Here is what I've looked at for subs. Both are Buy 1 Get 1 so I thought they were a good deal.

Rockford Fosgate P1S412 $109.99
Kicker CompVR 07CVR122 $149.99 (Comes in both 2 and 4 Ohm but only linked to one.)

For an amp I have found some from people I work with. I don't know much about them but would like someone to give an opinion on which to get.

Sony Xplod 800 watt amp. Person told me that this is not the true output of it, it was less.
Kenwood 500 watt amp. True amps?

Thanks for reading. Hope to get some answers back.

Are you planning on running 2 subs or 1? what amp are you trying to run? I'm no audio expert but...

'ohms' are a measure of resistance. say you have a dual voice coil sub, 4 ohms for each coil. If you wire them in series you will be running 2 ohms(most amps, not all, are stable to 2 oms).
if you get 2 single voice 4 ohm subs, you would wire it the same way to be sitting at 2 ohms, MOST amps put out the best power at 2 ohms, if you look at amp specs they should have an RMS rating at both.

I am a fan of infinity references, out of all the speakers I have tried in that price rang, the infinities were the best sounding, although they did lack a little on the low end, but running a sub fixes that

Quick Reply: Bose speaker replacement