Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Buying new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 12:03 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Buying new speakers

I'd wait for hillbilly to respond but I have a set of infiniti kappa's, a pair of 6.5' and 6x8', I just had them running off of the deck and the clarity is awesome, and bass is pretty good in the 6.5', but the 6x8's have virtually no bass, he told me if I had an amp running to them they'd probably sound a whole lot better, kappa's online are about $100 a pair. I'm sure they'd sound pretty great considering you'd probably have four 6.5' instead of a pair of 6.5' and a pair of 6x8', but then again I don't know what year blazer you have, but if you had four 6.5' and amped them i'm sure theyd sound great, but i'd still get a sub.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:14 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Mule

My budget is about $200 to $275 max for four speakers probably. I know that whatever I end up getting I'm gonna be playing them loud so they're gonna have to last.
have u tried www.crutchfield.com ? they usually have good deals on stuff.

Also, are you looking to upgrade to components or coaxials? or just do a regular speaker replacement? and do you have a speaker or tweeter in ur dash?

Old 04-05-2007 | 03:25 AM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point

i think crutchfield is pretty darn expencive compared to onlinecarstereo just my opinion

Old 04-05-2007 | 04:02 AM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah crutchfield tends to be high, but they have specials every now and then that aren't too bad. Best as a reference or buying car audio stuff for the first time DIY just cuz they give you everything you need. onlinecarstereo is cheaper.

Old 04-05-2007 | 06:18 AM
Lee
Lee is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Mule

What type Alpine's do you have?

I can't remember what type I was looking at, there's R's S's and something else I think.
I don't really remember, they were only like $105 for the 6x9's.

Old 04-05-2007 | 07:24 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

My Alpine 6x9s sound great amped, and they sounded good powered from the deck as well, however! You have to do some equalizer tuning for them to sound good powered from the deck... I don't know how the 6.5s will run just yet... I haven't managed to get my door panels off to install them... Stupid manual windows...

Old 04-05-2007 | 08:22 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Another good site to buy audio stuff from is www.sonicelectronix.com.. My brother has bought alot of stuff from them and their prices are really good.

Old 04-05-2007 | 09:51 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

alright, what year and model do you have?? if a two door, I would get a nice set of comps for the front, maybe elemental designs or some Diamonds. Heck, even the Infinity Refs 6010cs are nice for the price. For the rears, infinity makes some really nice 6x9's. the 9612I are nice. nice midbass from them. if you have a four door, look into Mypyre or even CDT for a 6 1/2.

Old 04-05-2007 | 10:02 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

How are those new Alpine Type-R 6.5's hillbilly? My buddy is thinking of getting a pair for his car, but I haven't heard them, by chance have you heard them or know much about'em? Sorry if this is topic-stealing [&:].

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=17562

[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-05-2007 | 12:34 PM
Mule is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I've looked through Crutchfield in the past and they always seemed to run a little high in price. I have a 2door 2001 blazer, I'm afraid is going to rattle liike hell when I put decent speakers in their.

I'm going to try and just keep it down to some interior speakers, I have 2 Audiobahn 12"swith no amp and can't afford to buy an amp & cap right now.

I have a 200 watt JVC cd player that can push what i get until i get a new one.

As far as elemental designs and diamonds, ive never heard of them, whereabouts you find them? I looked them online a little and they look expensive.

Quick Reply: Buying new speakers