Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Buying new speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 12:39 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Buying new speakers

You can get amps from Audiobahn on ebay for cheap now. I bought 3 of them on there and they were brand new.

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:22 PM
99BlazerZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was fortunate to have a friend that owns an audio superstore, so I got great deals on my stuff.

One speaker that isn't mentioned often is the Boston Accoustic. I had those in my truck, a set of door components in the front and 3-way 6x9's, they sounded great and are reasonably priced as well.

You can always try eBay for some great deals, be sure you buy from a reputable seller that will back the product they sell.

See my signature for my current set-up, as I mentioned I was blessed with having a friend that hooked me up.

Old 04-05-2007 | 02:24 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Bostons are nice, just not as nice as they used to be. Diamonds can be found for resonable prices on www.woofersetc.com and Elemental designs are on www.edesignaudio.com. Both have nice prices for the quality of speakers. They new type R's are nice, just really need to amp them, as HU power just isnt enough for them.

Old 04-05-2007 | 04:18 PM
Mule is an unknown quantity at this point

I had Boston Acoustics in my Grand Prix, I completely forgot about them! Those were great sounding speakers until I blew them.

Are those Type R's the high end or the mid ground? I can't remember the trim levels.

Old 04-05-2007 | 08:20 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

found a set of pioneer TS-G971M3-way 6x9. are these any good?

Old 04-05-2007 | 08:24 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I had an older set of Pioneer 6x9s... Probably the same model, just older, and they were pretty good, especially considering they're fairly cheap to buy...

Old 04-05-2007 | 09:48 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Mule
I'm going to try and just keep it down to some interior speakers, I have 2 Audiobahn 12"swith no amp and can't afford to buy an amp & cap right now.
you do not need a cap....dont get one. There have been plenty of threads on here about why you dont need caps and how they actually hurt ur electrical system

Old 04-05-2007 | 10:30 PM
nai0013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alpine type e, type s, type r, type x. I don't know if they make type e anymore and I don't think they ever made type e speakers just subs.So second best in alpine terms. I think you should make a desicion as to if you are going to run the speakers off of your deck or get an amp for them. If you aren't going to get an amp you prob shouldn't get speakers that have rms values at 100 (like the type r 6 1/2). Your deck is prob only delivering 20-25rms per channel. On a side note, go check out the car on the alpine website.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/fun/

Old 04-05-2007 | 10:45 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

caps do serve a purpose. I agree that if you have serious voltage problems to begin with, they will do nothing. But if you have an electircal system that is up to par with the equipment that you are using, then they can smooth out voltage spikes. But to buy a cap because your lights are dimming, you might as well paypal me your money, cause it will do you about as good to give it to me.

Old 04-06-2007 | 03:41 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I think deck power is closer to 7-10rms........25 is pushin it.......if you plan on driving the speakers hard go with a set of comps.....Got my JL's for 125 new

Quick Reply: Buying new speakers