Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Capacitor question... (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/capacitor-question-7647/)

blazinloud 12-31-2006 01:20 PM

RE: Capacitor question...

One shop was supposed to put my deadning on for me, they had my truck for 8 hours. I went to pick it up, and they didnt even touch it!!! I was pissed, so I started arguing with the owner/manager, finally i said f-u im never coming here again. So to try and make me feel better he tried to practically give me a cap, I laughed in his face and drove off......so, i wouldnt even let em give it to me.....

Loud_01_Blazer 12-31-2006 05:17 PM

LOL.

I think your main concern isn't the cap, it's the fact that your running 2 audiobahn 12's and an alpine 10" [sm=smiley29.gif]

My advice would be sell everything you have and start over....because i garuntee you will HATE the way your "system" sounds...i'm not trying to be negative i'm just trying to help you out.

blazinloud 12-31-2006 05:28 PM

or use just the 10........go for a sq system.......

jagblazer01 12-31-2006 10:02 PM

dude dont run 2 different size woofers.....it will sound like crap. the subs will cancel eachother out and you wont get proper sound....dont be stupid....just trust us on this

mikeywaynebygod 01-01-2007 01:44 AM

yeah...i had 2 12" audiobahns and a 15" L7 and it sounded like shat. i hate admitting that i do stupid ****.[:@]

blazinloud 01-01-2007 03:01 PM

my first system was 2 ultra linear 8's on about 75 watts a piece, haha, i dunno what i was thinking.....

drperry 01-17-2007 09:08 AM

If you're dead set about using a cap to stop your lights from dimming... You'd better wire it up to your lights...

nofear17bmx 01-17-2007 04:54 PM

Well a lot of these cars I see at competitions have capacitors and their systems are by no means cheapo nor do I think the guys running the system are ignorant when it comes to designing a setup. So why are they using them? Has this forum got so saturated from one person saying that caps suck so everyone says that now? I am not arguing the point, I just want logical facts that prove its bad...not opinions such as "they will ruin your electrical system" I would consider that a pretty broad statement and doesn’t give me a good idea why a cap is bad.

hillbillyinOhio 01-17-2007 05:04 PM

caps can help with minor light dimming., but if your voltage is dropping from 14's into the 12's, a cap cannot make up that difference.

nofear17bmx 01-17-2007 05:09 PM

So for a person like me whole has minimul light dimming then a cap would probably be recommended?