Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Cardboard in place of dash speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road
Cool Cardboard in place of dash speakers

Well i noticed the other day there was no sound coming from my dash, I bought some new 4x6's "Rockford fosgate". I pulled the covers of the dash speakers, Expecting to find some blown 4x6's, And found cardboard template's. of speakers instead . Anyone else ever find these in place of there speakers from GM.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:37 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Does it look "factory"? lol maybe the kid who owned the truck before you left you a souvenir lmao.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Starting Member
LowLife is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by oktain
Does it look "factory"? lol maybe the kid who owned the truck before you left you a souvenir lmao.

Lol it was factory, They are 4x6 inch cardboard with a real clean cut all bolted in, They even had the factory speaker terminals held on with pop rivets, So they looked like they work . I will post up a pic, i had to save them they sound so good

Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I may have to check mine now lol.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

I replaced my speaker cover not too long ago, expecting a pair of 4x6s but instead i had 1" tweeters mounted on 4x6 fiberboard, also looked factory

Old 05-06-2010, 01:20 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pop those cardboard speakers on E-bay for about $35. Someone will buy them........

Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

cardboard here as well. UPS specials.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:21 AM
BF Veteran

Maybe with the older trucks you had cardboard, and speakers came with the "premium audio" package...

Old 05-07-2010, 03:11 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

My 92 has speakers, just not very good ones. lol, you all are luckier than my buddy. Bought a fullsize c1500 with a "system". Seller pulls everything except the dash speakers. A pair of "stretch daddy" soundstorms with "300 watts" on the magnet. I couldn't stop laughing! Left the bass **** under the dash, guess what amps he had? Soundstorm. Left the amp wiring in the vehicle. NO FUSE! Repeat NO FUSE on 6 gauge power wire! And the "ground wire" running the width of the cab was about 12-10 gauge! I told him he's better off without what that guy had. I put new pioneer 4x6's in his dash for his birthday today and it was night and day diffrence.

Moral of the story, I bet the cardboard sounds better than those sounds**ts!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure they had those pices of cardboard in there in the 95-97 trucks if you didn't have the top stereo system in it. if you did get the top system, they had tweeters there. It might be the same for the newer trucks too.

Quick Reply: Cardboard in place of dash speakers