Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Cassette adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Hedzer is on a distinguished road
Default Cassette adapter

Hi ,

I bought a cassette adapter for the Delco radio/cassette player in my Blazer , so I can use my mp3-player.
The problem is : the cassette player throws the adapter out .......
It's not broken 'cause it plays tapes and the adapter works in other cassette players.
Anyone familiar with this , or have another solution to use a mp3 player with the standard Delco radio ?
Thanks !

Old 01-29-2011, 04:20 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get one of those transmitters that plugs into your mp3 player. It blocks out the signal on whatever station (like 88.9 fm) and sends your music from the mp3 player to the radio that way. My buddy has a cupla of em that he always uses. I think their like 10 or 15 bucks at walmart and would be where the stereo install stuff is.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:42 AM
Hedzer is on a distinguished road
Default MP3 transmitter

Thanks !

But : the antenna cable isn't plugged in the radio.
That's because the plug was cut off when I got the car.
They've made a multi purpose (European ?) plug on the cable , that fits on most radio's ......
The former owner built in another radio , which he removed when he sold the car.
I can't get the right antenna plug for the Delco - searched everywhere.
So : is it necessary that the antenna cable is plugged in , when you want to use such a transmitter ?
I think it does , right ?

Originally Posted by cochran07
You can get one of those transmitters that plugs into your mp3 player. It blocks out the signal on whatever station (like 88.9 fm) and sends your music from the mp3 player to the radio that way. My buddy has a cupla of em that he always uses. I think their like 10 or 15 bucks at walmart and would be where the stereo install stuff is.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 AM

Hmm that I can't vouch for honestly. I would think it would have to but I have no idea guess you'd just have to try and if it doesn't work just take the trransmitter back.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

see if any friends have em ? and try it that way? that way you dont have to waste any driving time.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine spits out the tape adapter every once in a while. I have to move it around inside the tape deck to get it stay in. It messes with how the sound comes out of the speakers and it usually sounds like crap. I have a new Kenwood deck on the way since my CD changer doesn't work anyway and I want something that will easily hook up my Ipod.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

if it spits the tape out it could be because its cold

Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I think I had to hold mine in but then again the tape adapter is probably the worst quality of sound you can have with an mp3 player. if you have an ipod they make an ipod adapter for our radios, its a little pricey but that is the best sound you will get out of your stock radio

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_581PA11...ce.html?tp=120

Old 02-04-2011, 04:25 AM

Yeah Id just save my pennys and put a whole new unit in with IPOD or mp3 capabilitys

Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Starting Member
titanpro4x is on a distinguished road

The adapter is ejected because the GM tape deck has a broken tape detector in it. The adapter does not have tape so it is ejected. The manual explains how to disable this for models that have the cassette in the head unit. However, those instructions don't seem to work with the AUX cassette player in the console. I have not found any instructions for the AUX player. Does anyone else know this.

Quick Reply: Cassette adapter