Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Cb Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 04:31 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Okay, got a mount for the cb and a longer cable to run since the one I had isn't long enough. I think I have finally decided to mount it on the left bumper and run the cable through the left taillight like blazinator did. I just have to figure out where to run it once it is inside the taillight with all those wires.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:32 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Hell if I know what that is... Except it looks like the end result is matching to a dipole antenna. Maybe a balun?

Guys, I have NEVER had a CB radio or been a ham. By the time you didnt need to learn to key code, I was into computers, professionally and my work was also my hobby.. at work.

All my radio fun was in the naval air force and my main CB fun was just after they came out; my job was with HF long wave and especially a Collins kilowatt SSB which just happened to tune up into the bottom 12 channels or so of the band.
I was tuning up in there one afternoon and heard some CB'ers yakking in the town outside the base and another guy came over and I said "Watch this." I keyed the transmitter in USB and when you do that it throws a 1000hz tone so the antenna tuner has a solid signal to work with. Because I only had a 100 foot wire outside the hangar, the tuner took a long time till it found an SWR null. When it went back to receive about a minute later there was dead silence.
then ..
"WHAT THE F342K was THAT!!!!"

Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

300 ohm ladder line?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Hey did you ever get your cb mounted? I'm guessing so based on your post about the PA speaker. Got pics?

Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Default .

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Hey did you ever get your cb mounted? I'm guessing so based on your post about the PA speaker. Got pics?
Yeah lol.

This:
I was going to go for the ash tray location, but this thing is just too big lol.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Man, clean those cupholders out!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

lol ^^

TO BE Honest man I dont like how the antenna sits

IF i cant fix the antenna i got on my truck now IM going to be mounting mine on the tire rack and its still going to ground its self out to the truck (i think) =P

Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by wyzardd
Man, clean those cupholders out!
Haha =P. That's on my to do list soon! It needs a good vacuum all over and I'll clean my leather seats at the same time. Also need to take out my all-weather mats and hose them off.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
lol ^^

TO BE Honest man I dont like how the antenna sits

IF i cant fix the antenna i got on my truck now IM going to be mounting mine on the tire rack and its still going to ground its self out to the truck (i think) =P
Hey, we all like something different lol. Some people shape their ride into a mall crawler. Some go for the offroad look. I prefer function over style. I didn't want a big hole in the body somewhere if I ever decide to take it out. What don't you like about how the antenna sits? Is it too far out?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

2 low if it were on top of the bumper it would be better

BUT thats your ride your choice its not mine ... sooo yea =P

Quick Reply: Cb Questions