Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Cb radios

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 04:47 AM
03chevyblazze is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Cb radios

Alright so i see this all the time guys either have big ol cb antennas on there truck and no cb or they do have one and its not hooked up! I asked them why they even have it if its not even gonna be hooked up and used? "Because it makes my truck look cool" oh yea let me tell you it gives your truck all the cool points lol that crap just irritates the crap out of me! I have a cb in mine and it has a purpose and actually gets used, reason for mine is when me and some buddies are out riding trails or fishing we use em to communicate cause its alot easier than using a cell phone while driving. Do you have a CB in your blazer? Is it hooked up? And if so what do you use it for?

Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
00chevblazer is on a distinguished road

that really burns my butt as well! i have a Cobra Classic 25 with a 5' firestick and 100 Watt PA system with mine i use it for when we go on hunting trips up in the mountains of PA during deer season and we all can communicate with each other cause theres no cell signal.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

i have a Uniden PC68XL with a Wilson 1000 magnet mount antenna that has a 5' Stainless Steel whip. Puts out 45 Watts. i use mine for work, every time i drive the thing. i have hundreds of hours on it and never had a problem.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default CB`s

Realy I thought those things were dead and everyone used ham?You folks use them to communicate with,dam i thought that ya`ll use them to talk those guys flyin around in those lil black helocopters.Well give a dog a bone will ya.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

hahaha.... well i have to have to mine because of state permit laws. have to have 2-way communication with the semi-truck. so i just got one that i thought would be good. after a little research i should have gone with a cobra 29, but mine has held up so good. i just wish that every one on here would quit buying that junk cobra 19. that thing is a pile that i have in another truck and its about to hit the pavement on monday! cant hear the person on the other end and they cant hear me.

if you guys want a good radio, get what i got. its just small enough that if you take the trim ring out of the floor console where the tape deck goes, it will fill the hole pretty nicely. i will have to get a picture up of it.

sorry if i offend anyone with saying that they cobra 19 is junk. i have just had no luck with one. cobra 29, no problems, just too big.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:07 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

I used to be into cb`s when I was teen I had baddest base rig in the neighborhood.All my neighbors loved me when I cranked up 1000watt linear plus the 15watts my power mic put out.I had a set of triple beams with rotor siting on my 68ft tower.Then a while back I bought a real fine rig it might have been the Cobra 29 or something,it had upper/lower side bands and all the bells and whitsles.Me and my buddy were storm chasin then we just got into the ham radios.Got our ham license and used that for about a year.Ham radio alot better than the cb.No more skip and all the noise.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:49 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

i use a Midland with a Lil Will antenna, use it almost every day, get the REAL traffic situation, not some dumb green or red line on a cell phone or out of date map, plus it has real time conversation abilities, thats right being able to chat with a real person, and also get real directions, and in some cases,some real help!!!

Last edited by okiedoak20; 03-29-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:52 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

i use my cb with local offroad trails as its permitted to have one or in case of a emergency on the hw for weather reports and traffic jams. i use a uniden 540xl with 5 foot fire stick and a 100 watt pa system in the engine bay

Old 03-29-2013, 04:11 PM
1999-blazer is on a distinguished road

CBs are really cool and useful in my opinion but pointless if they aren't operating

Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

I occasionally use the cb, but I disagree with you about the whole "green and red lines." Global information system's have come a long way from what they used to be. GPS's, handheld or in a phone, are insanely accurate these days. Google Maps has accurate real-time traffic updates and they are just as accurate as someone radioing you the situation. Best feature is the fact that you have various alternative routes to choose from to avoid traffic. Bet a cb can't help you find multiple alternative routes eh? While I do love my cb, I'm a computer major and rely on technology like Google Maps and they have proved to be pretty accurate in the past.

Quick Reply: Cb radios