Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

CB radio's Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default CB radio's Suggestions

So after reading the cb install thread... Which CB's does everyone use? I think that like 90% were cobra's and I was looking at the Cobra DX IV which would be enough for me and is roughly 50 bucks, which is a good price point. I was looking and havent read too many reviews, but am doing so now...

The install location and size are currently non factors, with price and usability being the two biggest concerns as of now....

Thanks for any input

Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
R3MiX is on a distinguished road

I run a cobra 19. its a reasonably small one. has PA (public address) capability also. Which means I can hook up a speaker to it, and yell at people outside

Old 03-11-2010, 08:16 PM
radiokid is on a distinguished road

I think instead of getting such a cheep throw away radio, you should go with the Cobra 29 classic.

The 29 is the best selling radio with alot to offer.
If you decide later that you want more power and to heard louder and farthur you can take your 29 to a cb shop and have it tuned up and peaked. 29's can get 35-40 watts after tuning up, and you can add extras like echo and more modulation.

How a stock cobra 29 has the full legal power and a lil more roughly around 4 swinging 7 watts.

and get your self a good antenna don't cheep out. go with the Wilson 1000 or lil will, or a K40 mag mount.

and make sure your SWR's are low , with a good antenna you probably wont have to set your swr.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:47 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Yea I got the cobra 19 too, I dont think you can beat it for the price but, spending a little more and you could get something better.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:47 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

The 29 looks good, but Idk if I can afford the extra 50 bucks for an item that is not a necessity... but thanks... I will definiately take a look at them

Old 03-12-2010, 06:04 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Not a fan of cobras, once they started making their own boards the quality has gone downhill while they try to add too many bells and whistles to hide the fact. If you can find a old phillippine made one they are great talkers.

I run a Uniden 78 elite thats been peaked an tuned. The foot warmer under the seat is a x-force 200hd.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:37 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I have an old midland 40 channle cb. Dont know anything about it, bought it from a friend for $10. And it dose have a PA outlet becuse i have one.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

I have a Cobra 29 Classic in my K5 (about $50 thru CL), Cobra 29 NW/WX ($130 new from Radio Shack) in my 95, Also have a Tram D42 ($10 from a Flea Market but cost $50 in repair work) as a spare radio lol really want a Ranger or a Connex soon though lol. I'll only buy a Cobra 29 series personally maybe an older 25 becasue they are the only Cobra radios that are worthwhile IMO

And I agree the new Cobras are not that great my Philippines made Classic in my K5 running on a 102" Whip and Astatic coax majorly out talks my 29 NW/WX on Amphenol Heavy Gauge coax and a 102" whip

Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

i have a little midland, seems like it would be good, picked it up for like 40 bucks, need an antenna though, its probablly about the size of a cobra 19? im not sure though, it has a PA and auto emergency channel 9

Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm 99% sure mine in a Uniden? but then again my is a handheld...so it's sort of out of the norm. I'd have to look at it again to make sure that's actually what it is though..I can't remember off the top of my head.

Quick Reply: CB radio's Suggestions