Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:12 PM
sbranch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CD Player

I have 2000 Blazer. The radio works fine but the CD player only work part time. It usually gives me an error message. Any suggestions? If replacing, how does it come out? Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:18 PM
skitzobmxr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: CD Player

ya mine did the same thing, i got a sumwut new cd player in my truck, i bought sum keyboard cleaner that stuff u spray on ur keyboard to clean it out and sprayed it in there not a lot but it seemed like it worked its been fine since then

Old 12-19-2006, 11:35 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

yes....my cd player originaly did that...I got a new after market one...but I went through and used a cd cleaner disk...helped a lot...the lens seems to get dirty....makes it read error

Old 12-19-2006, 11:44 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2000 blazer also and my CD player did the samething about a year ago. I tried cleaning it but it didnt work. So I got an aftermarket headunit. If anything, its a good reason on go aftermarket.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:19 AM
kakn is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with iceflames11. buying a new cd player will offer better sound and performance. cd cleaners work temporarily by cleaning the lens but what happened to the dust and stuff you just cleaned? its still in your cd player. over time you'll have the prob. again. as the cd spins it acts some what as a fan to help cool and draw in air. you can get a cd player prety cheap at places like best buy and circuit city. both places offer extended warranties that offer free cleanings. i know best buys is for 4 years and usually around $20. free unlimited cleanings for 4 years and if your cd player breaks and they cant fix it you get another cd player feature for feature not to exceed the originl purchase price. if it does break and you want to upgrade you have the ability to pay the difference on a better one. the only catch is : under the service plan you can swap it out as many times as needed with in the manufacturers warranty, if it is swapped out after the experation of the warranty your service plan is no longer valid.......meaning.....you'd have to buy a new service plan on your new cd player. can you tell i work at best buy?? he he he

Old 12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
sbranch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I am not above an aftermarket. I wouls still like it to look original. Does Best Buy have something thta looks real close?

Old 12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
jv1
jv1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get a good name brand aftermarket. You can pick one up for about a hundred bucks. Well worth it if u have the money. They do make the monstrous ones to fit the whole opening but really not necassary. Just get a good kit to fill in the rest of the hole.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:32 AM
kakn is an unknown quantity at this point

not really, most decks now days are a single din radio not double din. average din size radio is 7" wide by 2" tall. most aftermarket radios are relativley easy to use. a decent pioneer or alpine could be picked up and out the door installed for under 200 bux.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

or in a pinch, you could buy a pioneer, jvc or eclipse or alpine off crutchfield.com and get the wiring harness, dash kit and antenna adaptor for free. And they give you instructions on how to do it, but we can help you better!

Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
caables is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought a new sony today and hooked it up. guess what??... nothing happened .. no power.. nothing.. i spent $150 on this thing and nothing.. if i did something wrong i would have noticed i thought.. i got all the wires right.. someone please help me here.. this is the 3rd deck ive put in this week alone.. someone please help me out.. thanks for the great site by the way

Quick Reply: CD Player