Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

CD player question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM
nessy48 is on a distinguished road
Default CD player question

I have a 2002 blazer and the other day I was listening to a CD and all of a sudden the CD stopped and spit out my CD. Now, no matter what, the clock displays ERR and it continually ejects a CD.....even if there is nothing in there. I cannot play a CD and it is always doing this. Any suggestions. Is it completely shot or does it sound like an easy fix? I'm just worried if it is doing this all the time, that it might run down my battery? Is that even possible? Thanks so much!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:17 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Try pulling the power fuse to the radio for a few minutes and see what happens but it sounds to me like you are gonna be shopping for a radio real soon.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

just get an aftermarket radio they are cheap enough now adays and easy to install.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Is it only one CD or every CD you put in? Sometimes my stock unit gets funky reading burned CD's but it usually goes back to normal after ejecting and putting it back in.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:44 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps, this is what the owner's manual says:

ERR (Error):
If this message appears and the disc comes out, it could be for one of the following reasons:
If you’re driving on a very rough road. When the road becomes smooth the disc should play.
If it’s very hot. When the temperature returns to normal, the disc should play.
The disc is upside down.
It is dirty, scratched or wet.
The air is very humid. (If so, wait about an hour and try again.)
If the CD is not playing correctly, for any other reason, try a known good CD.

Press RECALL to make ERR go off of the display.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:36 AM

I tried inserting a CD that I bought at the store and it still didn't work. I also had read what was in the owners manual. It is just always on ERR and trying to eject a CD......so frustrating. I know absolutely nothing about cars, as I'm sure you can tell! Where would I find the fuse for the radio......I am going to try that before I buy a new radio!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 AM

So, just thought I would post this because I found it ironic! We had to replace the battery in my blazer yesterday, and today I went down to the car to try to find the fuse box. Now, the CD player is fine!! I tried inserting and playing both a CD from a store and a burned CD and they worked fine! How wierd is that?

Old 08-05-2009, 05:19 PM
scodo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a olds arora that did the same thing. the dealer told me that the lazer went out