Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Could this be done for around 200+ install.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Ken_C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Could this be done for around 200+ install.

ORIGINAL: Good_Chevy

Avoid the bass link at all costs, you can do way better for 240, especially if you get descent used equipment.
http://www2.shopping.com/xPR-Infinity-BASSLINK all these reviews cant lie. I can get it at eTronics for $164.94

After reading several reviews I am diffidently going to pick up the basslink it fits perfectly easy to install and will add the bass that I need to my system and price is right. I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with that, 164 is a good price. Are you doing the install yourself?

Old 10-14-2008, 08:04 PM

Half done still need to run the power cable

Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 PM

Look's pretty darn good. Just take some extra time tweaking with the settings, it's a little tricky to get it sound good.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:59 PM
JerzeyLegend is an unknown quantity at this point

OUCH! You drilled into the paneling. Infinity is a good company, it will sound crisp. I guess it depends on the sound you want. That woofer is NOT going to pump. That looks like something that belongs in a home theater. Its an 10" woofer I believe. The site says it's 200W RMS as well as 200W Max. That thing will make a stock system sound better, but for a bass head like me, it would get RMA'ed. Good luck, give an honest review, and if you can go to a shop and get some stats from a meter.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:49 AM

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DtnHvOb...s_reviews.html

This is the article that sold me, I will try and get it up and running today.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:07 AM
JerzeyLegend is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like it would be good in a Corolla. However I guess it depends on your taste. I like to FEEL my music, not that I want everyone else to feel it, it just so happens that my music pours out into the streets. LOL.

After reading that article I would have to say, you should have tested it before mounting it. That leaves another question. Where did you route the wiring? I don't see it besides at the top of the amp. I need to know where to go, because I will be upgrading my wiring kit next week.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:54 AM

I installed this thing in my first car which was a mazda 323 hatchback, and I did everything possible to try and get it to sound descent. I even took my JVC deck back that had 2 volt pre outs and bought an Alpine that has 4 volt pre outs which helped a bit, but not much. I moved it to every position possible, spent an hour messing with the settings and it still didn't tickle my bass bone. I paid $260 for this thing, which I didn't feel was worth it, so I took it back and exchanged it for a 12" Rockford punch stage 1 with a peice of crap 120 watt Bazooka amp for $40 less, and the difference was night and day. I also bought this thing based on the good reviews and was really dissapointed when I actually heard it. But then again, every one has there own opinion.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Good_Chevy

I installed this thing in my first car which was a mazda 323 hatchback, and I did everything possible to try and get it to sound descent. I even took my JVC deck back that had 2 volt pre outs and bought an Alpine that has 4 volt pre outs which helped a bit, but not much. I moved it to every position possible, spent an hour messing with the settings and it still didn't tickle my bass bone. I paid $260 for this thing, which I didn't feel was worth it, so I took it back and exchanged it for a 12" Rockford punch stage 1 with a peice of crap 120 watt Bazooka amp for $40 less, and the difference was night and day. I also bought this thing based on the good reviews and was really dissapointed when I actually heard it. But then again, every one has there own opinion.
its possible you got a bad one their have been a few revisions over the last 6 years. I did demo one before I bought it along with a few others and it sounded really good to me.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:20 PM

ok I did search where the heck do you run the power cable through the firewall. I cant see and holes to feed it through.

Quick Reply: Could this be done for around 200+ install.