Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Custom rear enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:37 PM
rblank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Custom rear enclosure

Hey there everyone new to the site. Just bought a 97 SBlazer.

I curious about rear enclosures for subs and amps. Problem is I can't afford to lose any of my cargo space, I have 3 kids and a large dog. So I need all the storage I can get. Plus I 'd like it to be kind of stealth because I don't live in the best neighborhood.

If anyone has any suggestions, or even better some pics, I'd greatly appreciate it.

rb

Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Custom rear enclosure

you could look into a truck box although it wont sound great cause it's a qsmall ammount of airspace.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

you could find a sub that uses a very small amount of space and just put it in the back....maybe 1 cu. ft.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:18 PM

I was thinking two enclosures, one oneach side behind the wheel wells also using the spcae within the fender for volume. One side already holds the jack, that would get relocated and I'd have something to match on the other side. Probably not going to use anything bigger than a 10 or 12 inch sub.

This is by no means intended to be a show quality system.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:24 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

This link will help you out:

http://www.subthump.com/ablazer.htm

Old 12-12-2006, 05:57 PM

Wow! That's pretty much dam near what I'm looking for, but off the shelf! Cool, thanks. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Now how about the specs? .6 cu ft? kinda small isn't it? What about it being a sealed box instead of ported? Edumacate mez.....

Old 12-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's what i have in the back of my blazer, it's probably biggerthan you want, but it holds two 10's. I've got acargo box built that goes between the sub box and the tailgate, and then a false floor on top of it all. Just needs to be carpeted. Anyways, pics...(not finished yet, but you get the idea):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...ub-box-003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...R2/box-001.jpg

BTW, are you rblank from the NEA? I'm a delegate from NEZR2

Old 12-12-2006, 06:38 PM

Basically your gonna have to sacrifice sound quality for space or vice versa. It is small, but if you find the right sub, it will osund decent. Yeah, its a sealed box, it doesnt have the ports in it and it can't be ported either. It's too small for porting and would be useless according to them. It's a great looking box, not quite my cup of tea, but it may work well for you if you want to keep that cargo room. anyways you can put an 8" or a 10" sub of your choice in it, or you can put an L5. It gives you some decent options as far as the sub goes.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:41 PM

Sony?! [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: rabbit0102030

Sony?! [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
For now. I'm trying to kill the amp, but it just won't die. Works well enough for the time being.

Quick Reply: Custom rear enclosure