Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Dash bezel Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:04 PM
raceday16 is on a distinguished road
Default Dash bezel Help

First off i would like to say hi i just joined up here...I just bought my first suv...2001 blazer 2dr...

Anyways i searched around the site and what not and found some usefull info but before i go get into something i want some info personaly on this with what im planning....

So ill get to that now..Of course my blazer cants fit a Double Din and im going to buy one tomorrow... 6.5 inch.. pioneer 4000d i think gettting extreamly good deal...Anyways my question is
basicly all i need to do is find a 2003 blazel bezel and put it in mine correct?
Will it bolt up and fit perfect like the normal one in my blazer?
Also will this double din fit in the hole in my blazer with out problems? and the heater controls wont need to be moved or anything?

Is there anyway i can fit a double din in my blazer with my normal dash bezel in there?

Any help will be awsome thanks guys

Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 PM

By the way it has the bose system...With the steering wheel controls....
I forgot will i have any sound problems because the bose system was in there and also when i hook this double din up will the steering controls still work?
And what dash kit would i get a 2003 blazer kit?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

i wont you to know that you should stop installing anything right now. If you really want to do an install that is worthy of a 4000D amp, then you should know a few more things about car audio. the only way you will get the double din to work with the steering wheel controls is to find a used double din unit out of a newer silverado or such with the factory bose setups. any aftermarket will not allow for it. but you can use the controls with some relays to control other functions. I think a double din would work if you leave the dash kit out. but personally i would get a second dash peice and fit the double din in with fiberglass. Also be careful that the factory bose setup doesnt have the lil amp under the seat that makes you have to rewire some items to get the amp to turn on so the speakers will work. so do some further research and know exactly what your getting into before you start buying to much or end up were you dont want to be.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:18 PM
deadbuzzard is an unknown quantity at this point

to get a dash piece that covers the hole... look for a 2003 and up dash bezel. they came stock with it.... search on the forum for double din should find some pics

Old 03-27-2009, 07:22 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

it will fit...you may have to cut the bracing out from behind the factory radio location but I dont remember. I have the same unit in mine. Just get the 03+ dash bezel. As far as the Bose, you may need to look up a wiring diagram and trace wires but it will work. And I believe pioneer also sells a seperate piece that allows you to integrate the steering wheel controls back into the radio.

boomtruck....he's putting in a pioneer AVH-P4000D headunit, not an amp

Old 03-28-2009, 11:04 AM

Okay i did so much reading on this and i always like to confirm things before i get into something and then run into problems lol....I like to know everything before i start....
Now i just need to find a 03+ bezel out here witch might be a problem..

Old 03-28-2009, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ebay or junkyard. the best and cheapest place to buy them. when you search on ebay your going to want to seach for a bezel that came with an RDS radio. that will specify if its double din or not

Old 04-08-2009, 12:33 AM

Well im going to the junk yard on thursday hopefully i find one there.....Wish me luck guys....

Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

I do know that there are some products from pac that allow you to hook an aftermarket head unit (double din or otherwise) to a bose system. This allows you to make adjustments between the aftermarket head unit and the speaker/amp combo setup the bose has. I believe for the 01 blazers, the bose amps regulate the sound dynamics instead of the head unit, thus the adapter harness from PAC.

There is also a steering wheel control module you can use that hooks in to the frequency of the remote control for the new head unit. Just beware if you have onstar or something extra as that will need to be known to know what model you can get.

Aside from all that, the bose IMO has no upper and lower range without the origional head unit and it would be in your best interest to replace all door speakers and amp so that you can get that good aftermarket sound your looking for.

If you really wanna hold on to the "Bose" sound then there is another company that repairs and rebuilds bose products in florida. Links follow.

As for the Bezel, if its like my 00, then your probably gonna have to modify the brakets and such as my single din fit square in the middle with about 3/4 inch on both top and bottom. I have to return my boss head unit for replacement under warranty and will remeasure when I pull it this afternoon to make sure for ya.

Harness for bose adaptation: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...OEM-GM21A.html

Steering wheel interface: http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...el%20Interface

Bose repair company website (They also have guides for door/dash removal): http://carstereohelp.net/gotquestionsQ04.htm

Old 04-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

Just pulled out my radio and took a look 10 minutes ago. There really is no room for a double din without doing something with the vents...maybe lower the AC controls a notch. My measurements are eyeballed but just looking at it something is gonna have to move.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Dash bezel Help