Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

dashboard speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Brooklin67s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dashboard speakers

im sure there is alot ppl who have put new, aftermarket 4x6's in the dash of a 1st gen blazer. but has anyone had a problem with them fitting i nthe stock hole? i got some JBL's for xmas and it seems like the magnet is to big...has anyone moved the to another location? or what have you done?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: dashboard speakers

For problems like this I heard people just taking a right angle dremel and trimming it. But this usually isnt the case, people usually have problems with putting a 4x6 into a 1 inch tweeter spot so they have to purchase a new mold for it.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

you will have to trim the inside to fit 4x6's fit. only way to do it.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:12 AM
railfire96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know which wire are pos (+) and neg (-) for the speakers in the dash? I bought some new tweeters to replace the stock ones. I'll have to do some triming like others have. But I don't know which wire is what on the stock wiring.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:10 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think when I get a blazer i'll just have the four door speakers + a sub for my system... Infiniti Kappas in all four doors is MORE than enough to hear all the highs even with a sub... I'll probably just leave the dash speakers going until they blow, then disconnect them, if I put tweets up there it'd be too much noise..imo
[align=left] [/align]

Old 02-01-2007, 07:46 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: Brooklin67s

im sure there is alot ppl who have put new, aftermarket 4x6's in the dash of a 1st gen blazer. but has anyone had a problem with them fitting i nthe stock hole? i got some JBL's for xmas and it seems like the magnet is to big...has anyone moved the to another location? or what have you done?
If it's anything like my old S10, then the speaker holes aren't deep enough for the 4x6s (I have Rockford Fanatics) but they sit level, so I could use the factory speaker grill to hold the new 4x6 in place... But the tweeter has a built in grill/cage on it...

Old 02-01-2007, 10:01 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone ever consider putting tweeters in the overhead console, in the swiveling light? I'd like to look into this. I think theres a thread on blazinlow........I wonder how hard it would be........would be cool to turn them where ever you want, or heck, do all 4 [sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 02-01-2007, 10:11 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

Anyone ever consider putting tweeters in the overhead console, in the swiveling light? I'd like to look into this. I think theres a thread on blazinlow........I wonder how hard it would be........would be cool to turn them where ever you want, or heck, do all 4 [sm=goodidea.gif]
I don't have the overhead console in mine, lol, but I can just imagine running that wiring!

It would work pretty good for the most part, until you get a song or something that uses stereo separation and/or left/right channels indipendantly for different sounds... I think it'd mess with the imaging a bit...

Old 02-02-2007, 04:04 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

sure it would, maybe just do the back 2 and disconnect rear speakers..........I wanna see what hillbilly thinks of it........maybe if i make a trip to Ohio he'll run some wire for me

Old 02-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

realy would mess with imaging. might not be the best idea. Sure, blazin, head this way, we'll try it out.

Quick Reply: dashboard speakers