Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   dbleon build thread (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/dbleon-build-thread-17729/)

blazinloud 03-23-2008 06:09 PM

RE: My first time fiberglassing...

Looks great, nice job

bobditts 03-23-2008 06:10 PM

looking good. Im guessing you used a jigsaw to cut the holes in your mounting rings (not to be confused with baffles)? Id suggest getting a router and a circle cutting jig if you want to make perfect circle cuts.

dbleon 03-23-2008 06:52 PM

I have a router, but not a circle jig... I dont care that the rings are perfect, because the only thing that will be seen in the end is the rounded over edges. I still have to do some sanding to bring them up to my standards, but for my first try ever.... I think there pretty damn good (and they're flush mounts). I still need decide how to have the tweeters orientated... front or back? Also i think my parking brake is gonna be a prob. but i dont use it anyhow.

oakleyg 03-24-2008 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: El_Beautor
take it out and add more layers if you need for strength.
I would leave the piece on the part you are trying to mold because sometimes if you add more layers and its not on the original panel it can warp.

dbleon 04-07-2008 07:45 PM

Well finally got it all done... so here is a link to all the pictures. Feel free to check out the bikes too :)

Blazin_Jason 04-07-2008 09:33 PM

Looks good, got a couple questions. How come people don't just glass over the stock plastic kick panels and work off those? How do you have yours attached? Did you use your router with a flush bit to cut the holes out after glassing or something else?

dbleon 04-07-2008 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

Looks good, got a couple questions. How come people don't just glass over the stock plastic kick panels and work off those? How do you have yours attached? Did you use your router with a flush bit to cut the holes out after glassing or something else?
I didnt use them incase i needed to put them back in there.

They are attached with one screw going through the back into the metal behind the panel. Holds VERY VERY snuggly

Yes, after glassing i just used my router to cut the holes out.

theonetrueapex 04-08-2008 03:04 AM

Those look good. I look forward to the final pictures.

dbleon 04-08-2008 03:20 AM

ORIGINAL: theonetrueapex

Those look good. I look forward to the final pictures.
Check my album 3 posts up... just have to carpet the sub enclosure is all