Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

enclosure carpet

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default enclosure carpet

i am looking for some carpet to cover the box im building but i dont know of very many audio websites... i have been to a few local shops asking how much they would sell carpet for and none of them would give me a straight answer. they all told me it would be better for them to just go ahead and build a box instead of me building my own.

so if anybody knows of an online store where i can buy some carpet, post up!

i have black carpet/dark gray seats so it would be EXTRA awesome if i could find carpet the exact same color as the rest of my interior

Old 11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: enclosure carpet

I buy mine from here.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

PERFECT thanks!

next question is, how do you cover it and make it look good, all the prefab boxes i see look nice and you cant see any seams. the box i have now, has no seams anywhere on it, its just smooth carpet all around. does the carpet stretch a lot? i would think stretchy carpetwould allow for a somewhat more "seamless" look.

3 of the sides of the box will be hidden by the walls of my truck and back of my seats so i can easily hide the seams if i have to but it would be nice if it was just clean cut carpet all around

Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

here, watch this video. nice for a beginner!

http://www.icixsound.com/iv/view_vid...5a1a4a6e1b9770

Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran

it's like wrapping a christmas present

only way different

and with carpet...

lol, thanks hillbilly, that was a good video. of course, mine will be much different since it is not going to be a cube with perfectly square edges... i think the curve over the wheel will present plenty of problems throughout my box building quest but i think ill be able to figure it out. im sure i will have a few more questions along the way.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY for all of the help so far

Old 11-18-2007, 10:05 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

have you considerd vinyl? looks good with a little foam underneath.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran

i havent thought about it.but i want it to blend in with the rest of the interior so im probably just gonna do oem-look carpet...

although since i have leather seats, depending on how the vinyl looks, it might blend well. got any pics of a vinyl box?

Old 11-18-2007, 10:16 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

I buy mine from here.
partsexpress is one of the greatest DIY supply sites on the net. EXCELLENT customer service too!

Old 11-18-2007, 11:59 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

I would advise against Vinyl as a beginner. Its about 10x harder than carpet because it doesnt hardly stretch, shows ANY imperfection underneath, and does not allowseamless application without trim panels...Carpet works great and its not too difficult to work with...Thats really a shame that your local shops wont sell you carpet. I always sell installation accessories to do-it-yourselfers...

Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 AM
BF Veteran

there are two shops over by my school that i havent been to yet and i im gonna try and stop by tomorrow and see if they will sell me some. one shop said they would carpet it for me for $40 including carpet. i may do that because it would be easier and would probably look better.

i thought it was a little strange that they wouldnt sell any to me. i figured at a place like that, you wouldnt want to **** off any customers. i figured word-of-mouth is the way they get customers and make money

Quick Reply: enclosure carpet