Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Extra speakers? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/extra-speakers-40658/)

95Jimmy 02-12-2010 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by bobditts (Post 299060)
the gain is NOT a volume nob. If the gain is properly set, dont touch it.

No it's not a volume know BUT if it's overpowering everything else and all you hear is boom when you turn up the volume how is it going to damage anything by turning it down? Ever damaged anything by not listening to the stereo loud enough? You can always properly set the gains again.

Eraston 02-16-2010 12:39 AM

ok

ok either im really stupid or just fail at the interwebz...

i cannot find an rca splitter to save my life!

i want something good that isnt gonna kill the sound going from my reciever to my new 300w amp (for the door speakers) along with my 1000w amp (for the sub)

also...can soomeone please explain to me how exactly i would go about splitting them? i cant seem to draw that out in my head either because i dont want to have both amps next to each other since the speakers/sub are nowhere close to eachother.

89K5gasahollica 02-16-2010 11:03 AM

Memphis tweeter tappin.......the remix

if neither amp has output rca's get y cables fom radio shack.they came 2 per pack and are either 1male to 2 females,or 1 female to 2 males. the memphis should have rca outputs next to the inputs.so you take rcas from stereo to the memphis then put new amp rcas to the memphis via the outputs,.also you are above the wattage stock electrical charging system can support properly, fear not its a easy fix and a cool trick.get 15 feet or so of 2 or 4 gauge power wire.a wire brush,and proper connectors for gauge you get.pop hood, go to battery.find red+ wire going from pos. battery terminal to the alternator stud,cut/remove and replace with new fat wire(firmly attach-no half ass or jerry rigs )if it comes off and you come to a rolling stop w/ a dead battery.next look at negative battery terminal,find black wire that goes right to the chassis(usually right up to the top of fan shroud area screwed into metal)cut/remove and replace with fat wire and run it to your trucks frame.clean area of frame to a shiny metal with wire brush before bolting/screwing wire to frame.last find negative terminal wire that goes to the engine block(usually goes to the thermostat housing or close by)cut/remove and replace with fat wire to the same place with exsisting nut. bam done. the wire is a bit high in price but 30 bucks max and a significant increase in sound you will hear.my k5 ran better electrically after doing it too.im running 2 RE audio SEx 12's on a 1610 hifonics brutus, and kenwood 5way 6x9's on a dual xia480, with infiniti 3 1/2' 2way references.sounds like you almost there bro..stick with it

89K5gasahollica 02-16-2010 11:16 AM

if amps lack outputs get 2 Y connectors(1male plug into 2 female plugs) plug the 2 male ends into back of head unit, you should now have 4 female connectors to wich you run to both amps. carefully make sure L goes to left sides and R goes to right sides i.e. the 2 ends(red,white) of your rca's are each going to a seperate y cable.also run rcas on opposite side you run your power wires,and dont use same ground wire on both amps-seperate grounds.

samuknow 02-16-2010 11:49 AM

Totally dig the 6x9s in the hatch. great idea. how do they sound?

Ditto what 89K5gasahollica said.

Benedict1337 02-16-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by samuknow (Post 300733)
Totally dig the 6x9s in the hatch. great idea. how do they sound?

Ditto what 89K5gasahollica said.

they sound good especially with the seats down, or if your having a party and want to listen to some music outside

bstocksblazer 02-16-2010 02:05 PM

How did you wire those 6x9's in the rear hatch? I have tried to brainstorm more bass without losing any floor space. I "sleep" in the back of the truck alot and don't want to have to slide/remove sleaker boxes when I really want to "sleep". I'm a complete novice at speaker wiring so don't skip steps, haha. I have a kenwood deck and have relaced all the speakers with the Infinti reference series.

Benedict1337 02-16-2010 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by bstocksblazer (Post 300798)
How did you wire those 6x9's in the rear hatch? I have tried to brainstorm more bass without losing any floor space. I "sleep" in the back of the truck alot and don't want to have to slide/remove sleaker boxes when I really want to "sleep". I'm a complete novice at speaker wiring so don't skip steps, haha. I have a kenwood deck and have relaced all the speakers with the Infinti reference series.

I wired them to go with the defroster wire. looks like they are stock. and yea I used to have speaker boxes... they suck

Eraston 02-17-2010 11:58 PM

ok thnx for all the replies this has helped so much!

time to start a new post with a new issue :)

bumpinBEATS95 02-18-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by 89K5gasahollica (Post 300727)
dont use same ground wire on both amps-seperate grounds.

im lost on why not to share the ground