Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Factory radio went out, installing aftermarket

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road
Default Factory radio went out, installing aftermarket

My Delco AM FM Cassette went out on my 92 S10 Blazer that I bought new in 92. I bought an aftermarket radio at Walmart, along with adapter kits for the face plate and wiring. I was told with this I would not have to cut no wires & it would hook up easily.

Yet its not being easy.

The one that Walnart had for wiring on a 92 S10 Blazer is Scosche Model # GMDA, yet the connection that come in this kit looks nothing like my factory radio connections. I called them, gave them the model of my S10 Blazer, they say this is the right kit for a 92 S10 Blazer with the Delco radio, that some connections on my Blazer S10 will not be used yet the ones that are needed will hook up to the connection they provided.

Yet I can find no way at all that any of the connections from my Blazer will plug into the connection in this kit.

Is the 64 years old grey headed man missing something, I know you younger ones are more into this that us old grey headed men and change out radios quite often.

Can anyone help me with this?

Old 01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the Scosch website, that is not the correct adapter. Does your original radio have 1 or 2 plugs. If it has 1 plug, you need adapter GM02B. If it has 2 plugs, you need adapter GM02RB. Will also need an antena adapter if you don't already have one.

Here's a link http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/veh...el=BLAZER+S-10

Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Starting Member
JustJerry is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply.

I emailed Scosche support, told them what was going on, they quickly emailed me back saying that for mine I needed the GM01, they offered to send me one free but I went to my Wlamart and bought a GM01. It hooks up to my factor connection. Yet its listed for 1973 to 91 models and mine is a 92. I remember looking at it yet I would never thought it would be the right one for a 92.

Mine having a Delco AM FM Cassette I never thought that it would be the Bose system, yet it must be. Tomorrow I'll find out if my new radio will work.