Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

fi audio ssd

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fi audio ssd

ok so i finally finished getting my speakers in and now im looking to buy a sub i really like the fi audio 15" ssd the only thing im debating on is how loud its gonna be and how good its gonna sound. some of my friends say 15s sounds sloppy is this true or is it a myth? and my last question is this louder than 2 type r 12s?

Old 03-19-2008, 04:03 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: fi audio ssd

my 15 sounds fine, its a kicker CVR. i dont have any experience with Fi's or Type-R's so i cant tell you which is louder.

actually, there was one time when my 15 sounded sloppy, when i first tested it without an enclosure. UPS had just dropped off my amp so i ran out and hooked it all up with the sub just standing in the cargo area

Old 03-19-2008, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Fi makes great subs from what ive read. But you cant debate "is this louder than this".....its all about the install.

a 15 can sound just as good as anything else.....them being "sloppy" is just a myth brought up by people that dont know what they're talking about.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:27 PM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

Fi makes great subs from what ive read. But you cant debate "is this louder than this".....its all about the install.

a 15 can sound just as good as anything else.....them being "sloppy" is just a myth brought up by people that dont know what they're talking about.
People dont understand that its the inductance of the driver is what affects how fast the cone moves.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Starting Member
klote82 is an unknown quantity at this point

as long as you have a good box and enough power to pust it. it should be fine.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Starting Member

thats what i was looking for. im planning on putting it in a ported box tuned to 32hz and the port facing towards the rear glass and the sub fireing up the only reason im wondering if its loud or not is becuase my speakers are amped and are pretty loud and i want it to coinside with eachother

Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like you know what your doing man, go with that.

what amp do you have?

if you search on youtube theres plently of vids showing what it can do.

In theory, spl is all about moving air, the more cone area you have, the more air is moved

Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Starting Member

i have a kicker zx750.1 and it has a max rms rating at 920 i think and the fi needs 800 so i think i should be fine with that amp

Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 AM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

Just make sure you get D4 or D1 coils so you can wire that baby at 2ohms for the kicker amp...

Old 03-20-2008, 09:56 AM
strong blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

ive heard an fi in a blazer and it shakes the livin s*** out of when its in a good tuned box like to 32 hz or something like that it sounds real good im thinking of gettting one how many are u installing?

Quick Reply: fi audio ssd