Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Finally stopped being lazy...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default Finally stopped being lazy...

Got my trailer plug wired up and installed...

Gonna have a few more wires to run to it later on... It's going to need a power lead so my future utility/quad hauling trailer can have a power outlet for an air compressor or cooler...

Also, turns out, that the light blue wire in the factory harness is completely and utterly useless... Doesn't even get power when the brakes are on...

So, next step is power wire, and electric brake controller...

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/9F99A34ECE874A7F927DEE5B45A24BBC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Finally stopped being lazy...

You should do a how-to!

Old 09-01-2007, 09:38 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

lol, well, this particular mounting location is really only availiable to 2 doors, or the odd 4-door who has the spare tire inside the vehicle, instead of underneath...

I don't know if I can do a how-to, but when I take the plug apart, I'll make a note of which color wire goes where, lol.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

i only said that cuz i need to do it...lol. But i have a two door and my tire is on the inside (rarity?) which i have relocated to my roof.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:19 AM
BF Veteran

I dunno if it's rare or not... I don't think so on the 2 doors, but it might be on the 4 doors...

What I did, was enlarge the spare tire crank hole to fit the 7 pin trailer plug, lol.

If you go 6 pin, you'll have less enlarging to do... and 4 pin... just wrap it underneath, lol.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

the blue wire is useless right now because it has no lead on it... It is the actualy brake balance wire that goes to the contoller inside the truck.... the blue wire is like that on all chevys... controls the power brakes..

you have a lead off of your brake pedal that plugs into the brake balance controller and the blue wire send the signal from your balance controller to the power brakes on your trailer... it wont be useless once you get your controller in the truck

you should have 7 wires in your harness tucked under the left frame rail in the rear of the truck...

White - Ground
Orange - Aux. Power
Blue - Electric brake control
Brown - tail/stop lights
Yellow - Left Turn
Dark Green - Right Turn
Light Green - Back-up lights

CLICKY
thats for the plug..... shows where the wires go on the car-end plug...

Old 09-04-2007, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran

It's a very very light blue on this wire...

I thought only the big towing package had the wire for the brakes?

This is where I got my wiring info from...

If that's a possible brake control wire, then I'll hook it up once I go to get the power wire to the plug...
But I didn't see any wires under the dash or anything for a brake controller...

I know I hooked up the ground, left and right turn/brake signals, reverse lights, park/tail lamps, and had the light blue one left over... I have no aux power wire.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:32 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

mine has no tow package and it has the wiring.... its all taped up under the frame rail.... I think on a blazer you get an adapter and the balance controller just plugs in under the dash...... but im not positive... I know thats how it works on my buddy's 95'

Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 PM
BF Veteran

I think you still got the heavy duty trailer wiring package, if you've got the orange wire...

I need to run my own power lead...