Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   front speakers components (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/front-speakers-components-19227/)

DJ 4x4 04-01-2008 09:22 PM

front speakers components

Im looking to put some components in my front doors but not sure what to do with the speakers in the dash. Should i just leave the dash speakers hooked to the head unit and then just run the components in the doors to my amp? 2000 blazer ls 2dr zr2

jagblazer01 04-01-2008 11:11 PM

RE: front speakers components

i take it you have 4x6 plates up in the dash?? never hurts upgrading everything...but you can still leave them wired to the headunit

dbleon 04-02-2008 01:02 AM

I wouldnt run them it will throw off the imaging... IMHO Theres pretty much nothing better than just one set of compnents in your average car. If you start adding more speakers it will not sound right. (midbass are an exception) you just dont want to add any more highs...

jagblazer01 04-02-2008 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: dbleon

I wouldnt run them it will throw off the imaging... IMHO Theres pretty much nothing better than just one set of compnents in your average car. If you start adding more speakers it will not sound right. (midbass are an exception) you just dont want to add any more highs...
not completely true....example, when i had my doors done and all that was in there was the components, the sound was very low....i put my mid-ranges in and it brought the sound up to ear level....same deal with when i had tweeters in the dash. tweeters were out, sound was low, put them in and the sound came right up to ear level

dbleon 04-02-2008 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: jagblazer01

ORIGINAL: dbleon

not completely true....example, when i had my doors done and all that was in there was the components, the sound was very low....i put my mid-ranges in and it brought the sound up to ear level....same deal with when i had tweeters in the dash. tweeters were out, sound was low, put them in and the sound came right up to ear level

You wont have that problem if the installation is right. The enclosure needs to be designed with the tweets in mind. If they are aimed correctly this wont be a problrem. The dash is probably the worst place to have any speakers because of the windhield... If you want to do as jagblazer has suggested, put a set of tweeters in the A pillar and not the dash. Anyone who knows SQ will tell you the top of the dash sucks...