Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

front speakers components

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
DJ 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default front speakers components

Im looking to put some components in my front doors but not sure what to do with the speakers in the dash. Should i just leave the dash speakers hooked to the head unit and then just run the components in the doors to my amp? 2000 blazer ls 2dr zr2

Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: front speakers components

i take it you have 4x6 plates up in the dash?? never hurts upgrading everything...but you can still leave them wired to the headunit

Old 04-02-2008, 01:02 AM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt run them it will throw off the imaging... IMHO Theres pretty much nothing better than just one set of compnents in your average car. If you start adding more speakers it will not sound right. (midbass are an exception) you just dont want to add any more highs...

Old 04-02-2008, 07:19 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: dbleon

I wouldnt run them it will throw off the imaging... IMHO Theres pretty much nothing better than just one set of compnents in your average car. If you start adding more speakers it will not sound right. (midbass are an exception) you just dont want to add any more highs...
not completely true....example, when i had my doors done and all that was in there was the components, the sound was very low....i put my mid-ranges in and it brought the sound up to ear level....same deal with when i had tweeters in the dash. tweeters were out, sound was low, put them in and the sound came right up to ear level

Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: jagblazer01

ORIGINAL: dbleon

not completely true....example, when i had my doors done and all that was in there was the components, the sound was very low....i put my mid-ranges in and it brought the sound up to ear level....same deal with when i had tweeters in the dash. tweeters were out, sound was low, put them in and the sound came right up to ear level
You wont have that problem if the installation is right. The enclosure needs to be designed with the tweets in mind. If they are aimed correctly this wont be a problrem. The dash is probably the worst place to have any speakers because of the windhield... If you want to do as jagblazer has suggested, put a set of tweeters in the A pillar and not the dash. Anyone who knows SQ will tell you the top of the dash sucks...