Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Gauge Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Indo G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gauge Cluster

Im intersted in looking for a new gauge cluster. How do i go about getting one. I would prefer it to be custom with some bright *** lighting. Help.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Gauge Cluster

Your only option is an overlay. Some have their own backlighting, but most aren't all that bright. You can also change out the bulbs in your current cluster.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:52 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah if you change out the lights behind the dash currently to some Inverted 194 LED bulbs it will be brighter and you can chose which color bulbs (HID white, blue, red, amber, green and purple) to put in (it should cost about $10 shipped from ebay, look at the seller vleds.com). You will need 6 bulbs, but it is cheaper to get the 10pack rather than buying 3 pairs of bulbs. Plus there are so many bulbs in our trucks that are 194 base bulbs (i.e. maplights, floor courtesy lights, rear license plate lights and front side marker bulbs, i think that is all of them).

Here is the link to the bulb you need on vleds.com

Good luck, oh and check out posts by me or drperry for better pics of Blue LED guage clusters

Old 01-06-2008, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

whats the difference b/w inverted 194 and regular 194? will the inverted 194 fit anywhere a reguler 194 will?

Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The inverted ones have a fancy little lens on the end that helps spread out the light instead of all of it pointing straight ahead...

LED's are a directional light.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
tonkpils is an unknown quantity at this point

hey how hard is it to change out those bulbs?

Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

The cluster bulbs can be a pain but otherwise not that bad to change out. I changed out my dash lights for the led's all cause Rcars2 hooked me up with some!!

Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Indo G is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly, if you know how to remove the dash. Its a walk in the park. You just have to put it back together with no left over screws haha.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

ORIGINAL: Indo G

honestly, if you know how to remove the dash. Its a walk in the park. You just have to put it back together with no left over screws haha.
that usually happends to everyone lol, left over screws and then your like where the hell do these go!?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 06:46 PM
MHPrior80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im interested in this as well...besides the gauges...how many bulbs would i need for map lights, courtesy floor lights etc...?

Quick Reply: Gauge Cluster