Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

General Information Required

Old 04-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default General Information Required

I just bought a 2000 Blazer, 2 Door. I need to know what size the speakers are all around. I've got one blown one and three that sound aweful. Its the FIRST thing getting replaced. Can anyone help?

Old 04-22-2006, 09:06 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: General Information Required

i bought 2 sets of 6.5" components to replace my factory door speakers. im not sure what size the dash speakers are though.. you may want to send a pm to fatryan and ask him.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:25 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

if u have the bose speakers keep them for high ends. mine are like ridiculously loud lol. I unplugged my door subs tho. cause i blew them in like............10 mins lol

Old 04-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

4x6 in dash, 6.5 in doors and 6x9s in the back

Old 04-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

DASH!!?!??! CRAP! I didnt even notice those!!!! I just walked out there like the truck has WHAT!?!? Well the door speakers work, and ONE rear one, but the dash.. dead also. geez I got my work cut out for me as far as stereo work to do. It doesnt have the Bose system but I'm going to invest in either some MB Quarts or Memphis speakers all around. Also looking into a better head unit as well. My last car had an Eclipse which I loved. This one has more space so I might look into something else. Also if I change the headunit will it still stay on until I open the doors like the stock one?

Old 04-23-2006, 04:26 PM
MCas86 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea it does still stay on but u have to buy a bracket because our stock headunit is that one and a half size whatever you wanna call it...its only a couple bucks...i has to cut out pieces in the middle so the headunit could fit through it. its real easy to do. you'll see what i mean when you get the bracket. i got mine @ circuit city.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Nah its a one and a half DIN size and they make radios that size which is what I'm going to get. So its a good fit and looks proper. Just about every company makes them for Chevys and GM in general.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:45 PM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

not all Blazers have speakers in the dash. Some come with the grills and cutouts, but no actual speakers up there. Mine had factory cardboard plates over the holes.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Retired Super Moderator

can speakers be put in there anyway?

Old 04-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Binz316 is an unknown quantity at this point

sure can, you may find a set of tweeters in your dash rather than speakers but the holes will accomadate 4x6s

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: General Information Required