Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Got my new speakers in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got my new speakers in!

Well, i bought these babies a while ago, they finally came (got them from a friend accross the state), and i put them in this week. They are Alpine Type-S 6.5' speakers.
Here they are, the things at the top are some adapters for if your holes are too big or too small. Didn't have to use them, thank goodness.

Here they are put together with the back showing.

Check out the stock delco speakers on the right.

Soldering the wires onto the tabs.

I had to mount them upside down because there wasn't enough wire to do it right, and it was cold out. I might fix this up if i get bored one day in the spring. I also had to cut the stock grilles out of the door panels. I was skeptacle about it at first, but i'm glad i did it. It made one friggin huge mess, but it was worth it.

And now the finished product:

The sound quality in all ranges is unbelievable compared to the stock delcos.
I was actually quite surprised at how easy it really was to intall them. I was worried about it, but it wasn't hard, if you want tips, just ask.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Got my new speakers in!

That looks great. Is this your first attempt at speakers or have you done it before?

Old 01-19-2006, 10:09 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i have the same speakers so i know exactly what ur talking about when u say there nice i love them

Old 01-19-2006, 10:24 PM

Did you cut out the old grill on the door panel or just leave it? If you want to know how I would love to tell you. It does require a Dremel and a slow steady hand though.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:22 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i left it cuz it was a little better protection and i didnt really want to take the time ahaha... i also am gunna take out my speakers when i sell my truck so i want it to look nice at that point

Old 01-20-2006, 09:21 AM

yeah, this was a first time attempt. I'm really happy though. I can't wait to get some for the back.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:59 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

that looks sweet. good job canadian88

Old 01-20-2006, 07:47 PM

Thanks. I think i'm gonna get some small black rubbery type tubing to put around the outside edge of the grill because there is a bit of a gap between the grille and the speaker.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:22 AM
85FSBSilverado is an unknown quantity at this point

Weather stripping? Couple bucks from ACE/Westlake or any other store. Get the automotive stuff, it's more rubbery and sticks better. I use this stuff behind speakers, and also for a bumper on my little brother's RC cars. There are a few different types.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:11 PM

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.

Quick Reply: Got my new speakers in!