Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Got a New Head Unit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default Got a New Head Unit!

My trip to the Queen City has yeilded another little plus for me! My dad and I went to Bass Pro and met Blazin NC there. While I was there I was looking at the different Marine Head units and I kinda liked one of them because it better matched my white gauge faces and stuff, but I really didn't decide on buying it. So today, we went back to Bass Pro to get a transducer for the depth finder on the Carolina Skiff and I looked at them again, and I got a wild hair and bought it. Its a Sony CDX-M50IP Marine head unit 52Wx4mpo with Ipod-ready Aux input, which is a major plus for me because I'm an Ipod nut now.Other stats on it is: HDRadio ready,SatRadio ready, Windows Media Compatible, 24-Bit DAC, PreSub, up to 100db+, EQ3 stage2, CD-R/RW compatible.The face is blue or red switchable illumination with white trim strip.[/align][/align]Pics:[/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 10-12-2008, 01:55 PM
jackson1717 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Got a New Head Unit!

Nice but for some reasonm im a little confused...This is for your boat?

Old 10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran

No. Its for my Blazer.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:25 PM

Oh lol thats a nice unit though. I can't wait to get my touch screen in my car. Should be maybe a week or two until i order it, installing it maybe be a different story though.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have my dash torn down and don't have a good idea on how to wire it in.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:04 PM

Look on crutch feild...they have a lot of good vids to help you...shouldn't be that hard

Old 10-12-2008, 10:27 PM
BF Veteran

I think I have a pretty good idea of how to do it. I'll need to make a trip to walmart to get some stuff though. I beleive they have the wiring converter for the Sony HU.

Yeah I'm gonna need this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4213069

EDIT: Completing my appointed job as moderator and merging consecutive posts.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah I'm gonna need this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4213069[/align][/align][/align][/align]*Sorry for the doule post. Edit function not working for me at the mo.[/align]

Old 10-12-2008, 10:52 PM
JerzeyLegend is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the GM adapter will help alot, and it will come with an adapter in case the antenna does not fit.

I was jealous in the first pic. I have the same radio face, with the illuminated scroll wheell buttons and such. However, I have a screen that plays pictures and such, I believe the term is OLED? I don't really think so because OLED is for TVs and such. Anyway it plays animations, some are pre-recorded some play according to the music.

Heres a pic:

Sorry for the big pic (wont happen again).

Anyway, then I saw that your screen is just like plain LCD, and then I thought whew, I would have been mad as hell if they made my radio in white.

EDIT: Clickable thumbnail. PM me for more info on how to do this.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran

Nice. I probably spent more on mine than you did yours....even given your extra features.If I recall correctly,your Xplod runs $189 and the one I bought runs $200. The marine equipis always a little more expensive due to the fact they are built more rugged to withstand chopand high-vibrationand are supposed to be seaspray- and rust-resistant. [/align][/align]Hate to break it to you, butthey do make yours in white. [/align]Not exactly like it though, its not an Xplod, but it had visualizations. [/align][/align]I went to opening the rest of the stuff in the box a minute ago, and upon examiningtheunitfurther, there is a true Ipod Touch/Classic/Nano hookup on the back of the head unit! I'm thinking of taking it downward and mounting my ipod bracket on the ash tray. [/align]I'm gonna set to work on it tomorrow so I can get it drivable again. Had not thought about it until now, but that means putting off getting the heater fixed....I'm supposed to take it tomorrow, but I guess not.[/align]

Quick Reply: Got a New Head Unit!