Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Got a New Head Unit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Got a New Head Unit! *HELP!*

Did you upgrade the speakers too?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Got a New Head Unit! *HELP!*

No, but I plan on doing it sometime soon. I figured if I let them go as they are, they may blow...lol

Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
Default RE: Got a New Head Unit! *PICS!!!*

Here are the pics!![/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Commence slow clap...

Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

shoulda gotten the flush install kit..that bulged out dash look subtracts from the matching beauty of the gauges/marine HU

Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
JerzeyLegend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Got a New Head Unit!

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

Nice. I probably spent more on mine than you did yours....even given your extra features.If I recall correctly,your Xplod runs $189 and the one I bought runs $200. The marine equipis always a little more expensive due to the fact they are built more rugged to withstand chopand high-vibrationand are supposed to be seaspray- and rust-resistant. [/align][/align]Hate to break it to you, butthey do make yours in white. [/align]Not exactly like it though, its not an Xplod, but it had visualizations. [/align][/align]I went to opening the rest of the stuff in the box a minute ago, and upon examiningtheunitfurther, there is a true Ipod Touch/Classic/Nano hookup on the back of the head unit! I'm thinking of taking it downward and mounting my ipod bracket on the ash tray. [/align]I'm gonna set to work on it tomorrow so I can get it drivable again. Had not thought about it until now, but that means putting off getting the heater fixed....I'm supposed to take it tomorrow, but I guess not.[/align]
I don't want to fight about who got the better stereo. However I have to defend my baby. I paid $220 for my headunit. OLED display, motorized flip down face, adjustable viewing angles, switchable illumination, dimmer switch, 52W a channel max, Front, Rear, and Sub woofer out put, front aux input, it plays CDs, Windows Media Files, MP3 CDs, and Data CDs, as welll as ATRAC3. The only difference between your marine unit and mine it model line, waterproof, and yours has HD Radio.

OMG and yes, WolfPack, I wish I could find that flush mount kit. Mine sticks out as well. Nasty looking. EuroGold, I like those climate controls, but the white kind of sticks out. Any other colors?

Edit: My HU is the Sony Xplod CDXGT71W. Walmart is where I bought it. They no longer support it on the Sony Xplod website. The last listed price was $138. That's crazy how much they dropped it. It's ok, next week I am buying a touch screen, just gotta decide: Single DIN flipout, or Double Din. Perhaps a Carputer.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran

Go with double din. flip outs are way to played out, and they look trashy...also if youre in D1 I think you can't flip out if you have the column shift...I think.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:52 PM

Just with double din, it's so low. I don't know. Maybe I can find a nice place to demo one. (Sorry for stealing the thread)

Old 10-15-2008, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: JerzeyLegend

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

Nice. I probably spent more on mine than you did yours....even given your extra features.If I recall correctly,your Xplod runs $189 and the one I bought runs $200. The marine equipis always a little more expensive due to the fact they are built more rugged to withstand chopand high-vibrationand are supposed to be seaspray- and rust-resistant. [/align][/align]Hate to break it to you, butthey do make yours in white. [/align]Not exactly like it though, its not an Xplod, but it had visualizations. [/align][/align]I went to opening the rest of the stuff in the box a minute ago, and upon examiningtheunitfurther, there is a true Ipod Touch/Classic/Nano hookup on the back of the head unit! I'm thinking of taking it downward and mounting my ipod bracket on the ash tray. [/align]I'm gonna set to work on it tomorrow so I can get it drivable again. Had not thought about it until now, but that means putting off getting the heater fixed....I'm supposed to take it tomorrow, but I guess not.[/align]
I don't want to fight about who got the better stereo. However I have to defend my baby. I paid $220 for my headunit. OLED display, motorized flip down face, adjustable viewing angles, switchable illumination, dimmer switch, 52W a channel max, Front, Rear, and Sub woofer out put, front aux input, it plays CDs, Windows Media Files, MP3 CDs, and Data CDs, as welll as ATRAC3. The only difference between your marine unit and mine it model line, waterproof, and yours has HD Radio.

OMG and yes, WolfPack, I wish I could find that flush mount kit. Mine sticks out as well. Nasty looking. EuroGold, I like those climate controls, but the white kind of sticks out. Any other colors?

Edit: My HU is the Sony Xplod CDXGT71W. Walmart is where I bought it. They no longer support it on the Sony Xplod website. The last listed price was $138. That's crazy how much they dropped it. It's ok, next week I am buying a touch screen, just gotta decide: Single DIN flipout, or Double Din. Perhaps a Carputer.
[/align][/align][/align]I couldn't find the flush-mount kit either. I might find a peice of textured plastic and fabricate it to fit. [/align]The white instrument panels are offered in a number of different colors. I'm not sure what company sells them, but you can get them in polished or brushed aluminum, white of course, and then they haveraised overlays incamo, carbon fiber, and several types of wood. I bought mine from ebay (gauges, headlight panel, HVAC panel) all at one time... great prices! [/align]

Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 PM

Thanks. I can honestly say it all looks good lit up together.

Quick Reply: Got a New Head Unit!