Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

The Great Speaker Debate

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 06:38 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: The Great Speaker Debate

ORIGINAL: Brian_L

Ive owned just about every brand of any speaker out there I think....heh. As far as components go Im pretty partial to Alpine now. The clarity is amazing. And now Kickers grown on me for subs.
so you like the alpines over morels, scanspeak, OZ audio, focal, rainbow, hybrid audio, and other companies at that level?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:38 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Brian_L

Ive owned just about every brand of any speaker out there I think....heh. As far as components go Im pretty partial to Alpine now. The clarity is amazing. And now Kickers grown on me for subs.
this literally made me laugh at work....as bob said, you would put alpine and kicker over companies such as sundown, morel, or dare I say Dynaudio??? please give me a legitimate reason as to why you would do this

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

kickers do have that handy in-store warranty replacement at any authorized kicker dealer...thats kinda nice...

But I like Alpine out of everything Ive heard...no one around here has even heard of DC, Fi, Sundown..etc..

Old 02-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Brian_L is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. Ive literally had EVERY SINGLE SPEAKER IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! Even ones they dont sell anywhere around here! I just sit around and go "HEY! I should buy every speaker ever made!"

Thats what I did. And then, I chose Alpine over every single one of them! You know how I did that? Because Ive heard every single speaker to have ever been made!

P.S. I said Im "partial" to Alpine. Never said "Alpine is the best speaker in the whole world over everything ever made."

Who has a jump to conclusions mat?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

hey ur the one who said and i quote "I've owned just about every brand of any speaker out there I think".....so we just pointed out ur flaw....if you havent tested and compared many many different speakers dont say that

Old 02-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Brian_L is an unknown quantity at this point

:|

Its pretty obvious that nobody has tried every speaker ever. Thought that would be a no-brainer. But maybe I was wrong! ....and still all I said was I was "partial" to Alpine. Never said they were the best of anything.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

not to mention whos going to spend more on a comp set than they did on the vehicle its going in......i dont care if the morels, dynaudios were solid gold theres still no way id spend 2k on speakers.....

Old 02-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question for you Jag, why did you start this thread? To mock what every one else likes/has? Not every one has heard of all the higher end brands, nor do they have the money for them. And the size of amps/boxes you need for some of those subs is just insane, especially for people like me who have kids. If people are happy with there Sony Xplodes, or there JL's, just let them be. I love my Alpine deck, and my Elemental Designs sub with my PPI amp sound more then good enough to me. I don't care if it doesn't set off car alarms from a block away. Everybody has there own personal preferences.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Its a debate tard. Youre supposed to voice your opinions, but youll probably get flak if you make wild statements with no proof.

No ones telling you to not buy your Xplods or to return your ED sub...but dont post up trying to say your Xplods will destroy a much better quality (sound and build) speaker.

in other news:

What made you go with Elemental Designs for a sub...I havnt heard many good things about them..

Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Its a debate tard.
Geez, I didn't realize we were back in junior high, is there really a need for childish name calling? And I went for ED because I like the sound. Once again, personal preference. And I don't own Xplodes, in fact I HATE Sony, but you don't see me going around telling every one who one's them that they own crap and they MUST have something better. I wish I had the time/money to have a build like Jag's, it's simply f#^$&** beutilful.

Quick Reply: The Great Speaker Debate