Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Which Ground?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default Which Ground?

im in the midst of running my new 4ga wire but i dont know where to ground it at. when people post about voltage drops or something not working, you guys always say to check the ground. My previous setup (~350w) was grounded to [B] with an 8ga wire. i want to know which would be a better ground to use. i was contemplating the seatbelt bolt but i read somewhere that it isnt grounded.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:46 PM
kankoon52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Which Ground?

i put mine on the spot that you marked A and i have never had any problems with it. i have had my system installed for atleast 4 months now. make sure you use sand paper or something to take all the paint off though you need a good metal to metal contact with no paint.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:56 PM
coplinb is an unknown quantity at this point

i grounded my under the carpet in the rear cargo area. i just drilled a small hole and put a nut and bolt on it. dont know if its the best way, but it works fine and its very close to the amp so it didnt take much wire.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:28 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, dont be afraid to go through the carpet and sand it down and make a tap right into the body....

Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my jl"s hooked to b and its doing fine

[/align]

Old 11-30-2007, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i would think grounding to the frame would be safer than to the body...

i know you're supposed to sand down the paint so it comes into direct contact with bare metal

im waiting til i mount my amp to run the ground cable

Old 11-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

A for sure. Felony, I bet you would have slightly less voltage loss from the ground marked A. Heck, with that ground, you might as well just ground your amps to the jack in the back.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

A for sure. Felony, I bet you would have slightly less voltage loss from the ground marked A. Heck, with that ground, you might as well just ground your amps to the jack in the back.
you mean B? i have had mine grounded to B for about 2 years and i have never had any problems.

this time around, ill ground to A. do i need to sand down any paint beneath the seat bracket?

Old 12-01-2007, 09:39 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

ill ground to A. do i need to sand down any paint beneath the seat bracket?
anytime you are putting a ground to something make sure to sand ALL the paint off to be sure you get the best contact

Old 12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
BF Veteran

thanks, will do

Quick Reply: Which Ground?