Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

h/o battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default h/o battery

i have a 95 4 door blazer and im looking for a high output battery something bigger than stock that still fits with little mods j/w what you guys are putting in your blazers for batterys and what sizes th
anks

Old 11-28-2008, 11:07 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: h/o battery

Any group 31 size battery will fit int he stock location, just on a angle. I would recommend a Power Master 3100, but probably more locally available are Optima 31.

Here are some pics of a stock size batt, to a group 31 batt. these are pics from my battery swap from 2006, and should help ya out i hope with some good angles to see how its done.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Starting Member
NoPh33rRaCiNg is an unknown quantity at this point

redtop group 34/78 fits nice

Old 11-29-2008, 08:33 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

there is no such thing as a high output battery. that only applies to alternators. What you are looking for is a battery with a larger storage capacity (which affects the physical size of the battery).

Old 11-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Starting Member

there is no such thing as a high output battery. that only applies to alternators. What you are looking for is a battery with a larger storage capacity (which affects the physical size of the battery).
lol i was waiting for someone to say that thats what i was trying to say just couldnt think of the words for it arent the optimas made by a different brand now? are they still good?

Old 11-29-2008, 02:31 PM

I dont recommend optimas. Ive gone through too many of them to say they are any good. Kinetic is your ultimate goal, but very pricey. I went to sams club and bought their largest energizer battery they sold. Works great. I dont have many accessories jsut yet, but it works fine. you could always upgrade your alternator, and get a deep cycle battery as your second battery if you plan on using a lot of lights when the vehicle is turned off.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Starting Member

I dont recommend optimas. Ive gone through too many of them to say they are any good. Kinetic is your ultimate goal, but very pricey. I went to sams club and bought their largest energizer battery they sold. Works great. I dont have many accessories jsut yet, but it works fine. you could always upgrade your alternator, and get a deep cycle battery as your second battery if you plan on using a lot of lights when the vehicle is turned off.
yea thats what i figured im not to worried about voltage loss when the car is of its when its on and im running my sub im prob gonna het a bigger alternator also ontop of the deep cycle

Old 11-30-2008, 01:36 PM

hey A team, how is that northstar battery secured to the vehicle?

Old 11-30-2008, 01:57 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bobditts

hey A team, how is that northstar battery secured to the vehicle?
With about 80 pounds of downward force! lol Its a tight fit to wedge in there first off and no way it could go anymore up down, or side to side. So yes its just sitting in there, but it is secure.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:14 PM

so its just sitting there? Youd be suprised how easily things move around when you ride over bumps, especially if you are doing offroading, even just dirt roads with ridges and lots of bumps. Id strongly suggest finding a way to strap that sucker down, for your own safety.

Quick Reply: h/o battery