Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Head Units?

Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough
Default Head Units?

ARE there any GOOD head units that are a DIN and a HALF? I hate the way the conversion thing looks... I had it in two other cars and always hated it. I would love an Eclipse but I dont see one that size...any other suggestions?

Old 06-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Head Units?

check crutchfield.com/ Pioneer makes a few that are the same as their din sized units, but there is no fold down face and such.

Old 06-09-2006, 05:24 AM
djbass_mekanik is an unknown quantity at this point

just go single din.. or double din w/ modifications..

Old 06-16-2006, 04:28 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

din and 1/2s are lower end units with most companies. so id def just suck it up and get a regular single din. also, you can check out the alpine 7998 (i believe it is). its a couple years old, but a VERY VERY good head unit (mp3 unit too)...also quite expensive though. its a single din unit, but the motorized face that comes out of the unit is like a din and a 1/2 or close to it i think.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:59 PM
RdizzLe is an unknown quantity at this point

wtf is a din?

Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

a din is how radios are measured in height. Blazer radios are a din and 1/2. most radios on the market are a single din or double din... lol

anyway, i never liked Alpine but I'll check it out anyway. thanks ryan.

Old 06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

hey dory if u dont mind me askings around whats ur price range u want to spend? If you want PM me that and I can check on my wholesales lists. I've found a nice pioneer dvd unit for like 500! on these sites so yea. let me know! Also if you have a particular company ur looking for let me know that too!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Ok but you asked for it! I know you offered before but Im REALLY picky about what i want... soooo good luck!

Old 06-22-2006, 05:59 PM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Dory

a din is how radios are measured in height. Blazer radios are a din and 1/2. most radios on the market are a single din or double din... lol

anyway, i never liked Alpine but I'll check it out anyway. thanks ryan.
no problem! i dont like new alpine, they went down the ****ter in quality. but the old stuff like the 7998 is top notch. very good SQ.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Retired Super Moderator

hahaha! i have someone looking into Eclipse units for me... as well as a few others. I hope he can come up with something nice for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Head Units?