Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default headlight bulbs

Just replace my low beams with Syvania Silverstar Halogens. In your opinion, do'brilliantwhite'bulbs look any different than thefactory bulbs?

When I replace the high beams, Im going with a'brilliant blue'tint to make the beam look a bit clearer.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: headlight bulbs

the brilliant white will be brighter, and maybe let you see a little farther. I will not put the brilliant blue on any car I own. I think that they are dangerous. (like the Xenon ones as well/)

Old 04-09-2007, 05:31 PM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hillbilly is kind of right. the blue bulbs are a little dangerous. they make things bright but they only light things up. you cant see down the road very well. they just illuminate signs and deer eyes really well. i have the blue xenon on high and low beam and like the look of them cuz they're blue but overall nota good bulb to see distances or if you have problems seeing at night

Old 04-09-2007, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The higher color temperature you go (more blue than white kinda thing) the more wattage you need to get the same amount of lumen output as white light...

I'd reccomend the brilliant-blue or whatever as low beams, as it makes fog a whole lot easier to see in, and bright white highbeams.

However, if you get the blueish lights with enough wattage behind them, you won't notice as much of a difference in light output... It's still a little harder on your eyes at night, because they have to work a little harder.

The best way to describe the higher color temperature bulbs (for me, at least) is that you can see more, but it's not as bright.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 PM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know anything about lights but my friend has a 2000 Audi A4 with the factory xenons ( don't know if we're talking about real xenons here ), i've driven it before and i'd have to say they light up the road just fine, if not better than my headlights, which have have some type of silverstar bulbs ( I forget, replaced them so long ago ), and let's not forget my headlights knock anything else i've driven out of the water, i've read tons of reviews and lots of people have to say the same about my particular kia's headlights. Just my personal experience with Xenons.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-09-2007, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Xenon bulbs are generally brighter than halogens...

If the color temperature is good... Though, I think most Xenon bulbs are HID's... but not 100% sure on that...

Old 04-10-2007, 12:18 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I have silvania silverstar low-beams and ultra-white bulbs for high beams. I must say that they light up the road really well. On my way home from a freinds house, I go through an about 1/2 mile stretch of road with absolutely no street lights and the silverstar bulbs light up the road really well. The silverstars were I believe 40 bucks for the 2pack at wal-mart and the ultra white high beams were 30 bucks. The ultra white highbeams light up everything in front of me. They are like daylight they are so bright. I just bought the silverstar turn signals and some xenon white reverse bulbs. I like my silverstar bulbs.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:42 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, just remembered my low-beams stay on with my high-beams so that's probably another thing I like about my headlights besides the fact that the lows are already great, just got done using them in fact, still couldn't be happier, though a little off topic [8D]
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-10-2007, 09:53 AM
BF Veteran

That definitely helps, having lows + highs on at the same time... Keep forgetting to do that to mine, lol

Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM
982DRBlack is an unknown quantity at this point

I just put Silverstar Ultra Low bulbs in my blazer. WOW! I love the white, they light up the road much further than my stock blubs. Well worth the 48 bucks I paid for them. Now Ive got to fork over another 50 to get the high beams, because the two different color temperatures is driving me nuts. I would def recommend these bulbs for someone who is looking for the best lighting w/o spending a few hundred on HID bulbs.

Quick Reply: headlight bulbs