Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: headlight bulbs

ORIGINAL: DankBlazer

Also, just remembered my low-beams stay on with my high-beams so that's probably another thing I like about my headlights besides the fact that the lows are already great, just got done using them in fact, still couldn't be happier, though a little off topic [8D]
[align=left][/align]
How do you wire them to do that?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Well, on a Kia, that's standard, he didn't have to do anything...

For the Blazer, you'll have to get a relay...

Old 04-10-2007, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran

ok, isthere a relay slot in thefuse box for it, or does it have to be wired in?

I was actually thinking of making another2 wiring harnesses and modifying the empty slot in myfront signal assemblies to hold another headlight for mylow beams, it would shine lower, giving a fog light effect, and give me an extra 55 watts of light... just an idea though.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

It has to be wired in...

When I did it on my Z34, I used a battery isolator as the relay.. I might've read something about a yellow wire and an easier way, but I might have dreamed that one, lol.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:01 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

kyle steered me clear of the silverstars.......apparently they burn out pretty fast......so its not worth the $20 per bulb or whatever it is......

Old 04-11-2007, 11:28 AM
BF Veteran

My brother switch to silverstars in his Grand Prix a couple years ago, and they haven't burned out yet...

I think it depends on the housings, I know they burn hotter, some headlight housings have vent holes in them...

Old 04-11-2007, 11:47 AM
BF Veteran

Most of the time at night Im running high beams because its mostly backroads anyway + I have ventholes so I don't think it will be a problem. I got my bulbs for about $23us/$26.40ca. Mine are the 'cool blue' series: but they are brilliant white, imagine that.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The newer SilverStar Ultras are much better in terms of quality and premature failure. The regular silverstars are known to have quality issues and premature failures, especially the 9005/9006 bulbs.

As far as my take on the whole white light deal... You'll never see me with a set of 'blue' bulbs. A clear bulb with the same filament will always have a higher light output than a coated bulb.

Here's some information: Daniel Stern Lighting

Old 04-11-2007, 12:01 PM
BF Veteran

For good quality lighting, you want the color achieved through the gas combinations and such...

The lower the color temperature, the more light you get for the wattage... That's why most factory HID kits are only 4300k as opposed to 6000k or 8000k

Much better light output.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:21 PM
BF Veteran

Just bought a pair of Raybrig Hyper-Halogen sonic whites for my high beams. Didn't get anything blue.

*Edit* They burned my pockets!

Quick Reply: headlight bulbs