Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Jason Rebellion is on a distinguished road
Default help!

I've got a 97 Bravada, and I'm installing a stereo, I've got the scosche connectoer and I wired it to the harness from the new stereo, when i went to swap it into the truck, i noticed that the factory harness has 4 individual plugs.. on one of them, a white plug, it only has one wire, a dark green/with white tracer running up it. the scosche harness has a slot to plug it into but it has no plugs in that slot... so i went ahead and plugged in the radio, and it works except for my left rear door speaker...i thought it might be the left read door wire but I don't wanna mess up my connector by cutting the wire off if its not it..any help???

Jason

Old 10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

1: you can drive with your dash off. Only things you need are headlight switch and 4wd buttons (if yer a 4wd) other than that, you could drive with the whole dash off for say... a month or two while you get around to painting it, with no problems.

2: Posting what in a where for why? Just POSTING will get you looked at. the people that know audio like it's there job hang out in this section. Everyone else sticks to their strong suits. the common posters just look at the subscribed thread and new posts sections mostly. Posting here is your best bet.

3: Posting in another forum has no consequences. A lot of folks here also follow GM Truck Forum and S10 Forum. Just remember where you are, and don't wave their flags too much here as that is not very helpful to THIS community. posting THIS Question all over THIS Forum helps no one.

4: Did the rear speaker work before? (did you run through all of the blanace/fade PRIOR too the swap) IF YES, then I'm thinking you didn't get a good connection at one of your splices. i'd double check those, but only after...

5: Look at the wiring diagrab that came with your connector or you head unit. It will break down what everything should hook up too. If that doesn't work, try 4. If that doesn't work...

6: try another speaker (OEM will work). If it gets sound, your problem is the speaker.

7: What have you done already to check into this? probably all of the above, but with out knowing that, i posted the basics.

8: Did you look at this thread at all it is the very first stickied thread in the audio section....

Old 10-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Jason Rebellion is on a distinguished road

the only ones in that thread that are mentioned as being green are for the right front speaker. the right front speaker works fine, its the left rear. it worked before with the original head unit in, the original just kept giving an error message whenever i tried to play a cd. i don't want to cut off the connector if its not the problem, which is why i asked in here. there are 4 different connectors that plug into the new harness....one of the white ones only has 1 wire going into it. you would think that a speakers pos and neg wires would be in the same plug..thus my question.... what is it?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Beginning Member
Droppd88Jimmy701 is on a distinguished road

check the wire going to the speaker

Old 10-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Rebellion, you have a PM.