Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   Help with Audio System (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/help-audio-system-63551/)

johnwayne200 09-28-2011 09:33 AM

Help with Audio System

Hello all, i have a 2000 Blazer LT 4door and i recently bought two 12in kicker cvr's and a 1000w amp running 4gauge wire. the problem i am having is with voltage drain. the subs or w/e it may be is pulling the battery down below 12v and the amp will go into protection mode causing no more boom boom from subs..... i installed a 3.5farrad cap and thought this would help but it done nothing. im looking for some ideas as the what is causing the problem maybe i have to upgrade the alt? i had both the battery and alt tested so i know they are not bad.

if u need more info lmk. ty 4 any help

MakaveIi 09-28-2011 01:33 PM

Yeah they best way to fix this is to get a high output alternator. If a good high output alternator is out of your price range, you can also actually get the stock alternator out of a couple trucks that will bolt right in and give you much better performance. If you have a junkyard nearby that carries the 2003 body style of these trucks: Suburban, Escalade, H2 Hummer, Buick Rainier, Tahoe, and a there's an Isuzu as well.It's only around 50 or 60 bucks.

I'll link you to HO alternator for the Hummers, not a bad price at all and it give you more at idle than the stock Blazer one does at max.

DB Electrical - S10 BLAZER TAHOE SUBURBAN 250 AMP HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR 96-05 8237

MTopper 10-05-2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by MakaveIi (Post 463250)
Yeah they best way to fix this is to get a high output alternator. If a good high output alternator is out of your price range, you can also actually get the stock alternator out of a couple trucks that will bolt right in and give you much better performance. If you have a junkyard nearby that carries the 2003 body style of these trucks: Suburban, Escalade, H2 Hummer, Buick Rainier, Tahoe, and a there's an Isuzu as well.It's only around 50 or 60 bucks.

I'll link you to HO alternator for the Hummers, not a bad price at all and it give you more at idle than the stock Blazer one does at max.

DB Electrical - S10 BLAZER TAHOE SUBURBAN 250 AMP HIGH OUTPUT ALTERNATOR 96-05 8237

thats not a bad idea, but instead of jumping the gun on that, why not do the big three upgrade which is a lot cheaper and can help keep voltage up. i currently have a JL Audio 1000/1 and JL 300/4 in my truck and i never go into protect. i have stock alternator and battery right now and zero issues.

the big 3 consists of upgrading your charging electrical under the hood.

bobditts 10-05-2011 08:21 AM

ditch the cap. upgrade your big 3. have your battery tested. if its bad, replace it. if you still have issues after all that, get a high output alternator.

MTopper 10-05-2011 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by bobditts (Post 464759)
ditch the cap. upgrade your big 3. have your battery tested. if its bad, replace it. if you still have issues after all that, get a high output alternator.

straight to the point, nice (not hating). I'm too nice i guess.

bobditts 10-05-2011 11:13 AM

why beat around the bush when you can plow right through it? Its the military in me.

Dweeberman 10-05-2011 11:51 AM

if you have loads of money lol go with a custom dual circuit battery system and a HO alternator :) if not, then go with what the others said hahaah

Thogert 10-05-2011 04:44 PM

Yeah, I used to have a problem while running all of my lights (600w not including the head-lights) and my stereo at idle, it would drain really quick. I did the big 3 and I don't have any more problems.