Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

HID Kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough
Default HID Kit installed

So, after i had my little issue with DDM tuning and the HID kit that went horribly wrong in my truck, i got a new kit from a local dealer(my cousin's custom shop). I just thought i'd share my joy for the day

Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Aw, quit showing off!
jk, looks great!
I'm doing that once I have a source of income again.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:27 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

After looking at that pic I need some new retinas, those are bright.. I pity the people that meet you at night.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

At night?!? Geeze they blind me just through the picture lol. Those are really nice!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:57 PM
BF Veteran

Today was a little overcast but still, i could see them during the day time, i do have them angled down though so that i'm not blinding all the little hondas in front of me. they're on 35watt too...

And i love showing off cbr, you should know that by now... just wait for summer time with what i have planned

The picture was taken with my blackberry which gave me the light effect, i like it. my little nikon digi camera doesn't do that so i thought i'd go with the crackberry ya know?

Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Starting Member
gaspricessuckk is on a distinguished road

get teh halos, they will be a million times better

Old 04-08-2010, 12:09 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gaspricessuckk
get teh halos, they will be a million times better
Do you mean Projectors? Halo's are just that, a halo around the light source. Not that much light is produced by them and IMHO I think they look tacky on a vehicle if not from factory.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Do you mean Projectors? Halo's are just that, a halo around the light source. Not that much light is produced by them and IMHO I think they look tacky on a vehicle if not from factory.

Agreed! I'm not into the "ebay special" look at all..

Did I miss something, what was the issue with the DDM HIDs?

Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm not a fan of the projector HL's for the Blazers... and I don't know if they'll work with HID's, the "projector" lens is pretty close to the bulb and would most likely melt.

I've got some HIR's on order for the highbeams and then I'm aiming mine down for the same reasons MTopper did.

on topic: they look great! you'll love them at night, trust me.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:17 PM
BF Veteran

I had HIDs from DDM tuning and they blew up on me after only being 9 months old, i had issues with the help number and was told "screw you" in short. So i bought these from my cousin who has his own custom shop that i work at. we do HID installs, tints, audio installations, car detailing, and everything in between.

I had high beams but i don't want to mess with my electrical right now(to do the quad beam setup) so i'm running stocks for now. My lows are aimed low which sucks because it reduces my distance so much but i'm cool with it for the city.

Quick Reply: HID Kit installed