Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Hidden subs...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road
Default Hidden subs...

Eventually I want to get a sub or two and an amp. I don't want a box stuck in the back because I don't want to have to remove it when I haul stuff in the truck.

Ebay has some slim subs that I'm thinking about but I'm not sure if even they will work for what I'm considering.

I want to put one or two subs under the rear bench seat. Would this work? It doesn't look like there's a whole lot of room under there, but its hard to tell. Another problem is that when you lower the back of the seat down the whole seat moves forward a bit and I think it may lower at the same time.

Does anyone know if this idea will work? Here are the subs I'm thinking about: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1204331847849

Old 08-06-2009, 08:30 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought about putting subs under the seat as well. Havent had the seat in for over a year so I never got to see exactly how much room is under there. Scrapped the idea and putting them in the dash instead. not a whole lot of options for stealthy installs in the blazers. I would say if you want to put the subs under the rear seat, do not fold it down.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 PM
mhollis is on a distinguished road

As far as the seat going down. As long as you keep it behind the bars youll be fine. The seat goes down a lilttle in front of the bars but behind them its all fine. But as far as fitting is conserend it all depends on if you can get a box in that space. Itll have to be a custom built box if it does work.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by mhollis
As far as the seat going down. As long as you keep it behind the bars youll be fine. The seat goes down a lilttle in front of the bars but behind them its all fine. But as far as fitting is conserend it all depends on if you can get a box in that space. Itll have to be a custom built box if it does work.
Cool. Its low on the to-do list but it was on my mind so I figured I'd ask. Thanks.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:59 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Someone does make a sub compartment to sit on the opposite side of the rear as the jack.... looks... nice.... but its like 500 bucks.... its on crutchfields website...

Old 08-07-2009, 03:01 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by wlorton
Someone does make a sub compartment to sit on the opposite side of the rear as the jack.... looks... nice.... but its like 500 bucks.... its on crutchfields website...
$500 is a bit expensive, but if I'm going to be putting money into a system I may as well do it up right. I'll look for it on their site.

Originally Posted by wlorton
Yeah, not bad. Is that the same as the other one you mentioned? Only problem is that it says it will only fit 92-00 Blazers. I wonder if it will fit my '89. Is there much difference between '89 and '92?

EDIT: Checked Crutchfield. I didn't find what you were talking about, I don't think. Can you post a link?

Last edited by degaine_designs; 08-07-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

The 500.00 stealth box is made by JL audio, but it only fits 95+ 4 door blazers.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM
mhollis is on a distinguished road

Another option would be to put them in the kicker pannels. http://www.qlogicfactoryoutlet.com/i...3181_3957_4053 Q logic makes some for a little under $200.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mhollis
Another option would be to put them in the kicker pannels. http://www.qlogicfactoryoutlet.com/i...3181_3957_4053 Q logic makes some for a little under $200.
I just picture a foot slipping off the parking brake lever and going through a speaker with that lol... nice idea though if you're careful.

An idea (don't know about the 1st gen) is to make an enclosure of some sort that'd fit in one of the two compartments behind the seats in the rear quarter panels... I don't know if the 1st gen had these compartments though, I know mine may be big enough for a 10" sub.

Quick Reply: Hidden subs...