Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How did you guys wire your systems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Sturg is on a distinguished road
Default How did you guys wire your systems?

I didn't see any holes in the firewall so I went through the door jam which probably isnt good. and mine is a 2dr and i didn't know where to hide the wires right behind the front seat to the rear ones. How'd you guys hide them? and this is just holding me over till summer when i get better subs and what not.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I drilled a hole through the firewall.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

above the pedals there is a hole you can run though, but it needs to be drilled out a bit. Should be one on the passenger side as well somewhere. When I did mine I had the whole truck gutted and ran the power and RCA center of the truck and under the carpet. The remote comes off to the side of the drivers side and under the pastic pieces. I have my amp grounded off the rear seat bolts.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:12 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Instead of being lazy and starting a new thread, I did a search on this forum and found several threads asking this same question. Then I followed their advice and went on my merry way.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Beginning Member
Masta Squidge is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sturg
I didn't see any holes in the firewall so I went through the door jam which probably isnt good. and mine is a 2dr and i didn't know where to hide the wires right behind the front seat to the rear ones. How'd you guys hide them? and this is just holding me over till summer when i get better subs and what not.
There is a big grommet below the AC on the passenger side.

At least, in my 01 there is.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Masta Squidge
There is a big grommet below the AC on the passenger side.

At least, in my 01 there is.
Same in my 02. Just cut the grommet a bit and fished the power cable through. Ran the power and remote on passenger and rca's on the drivers side.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Beginning Member
renswic is an unknown quantity at this point

just find the antenna cable and run threw its grommet, its what i did on my fist gen 2dr 210 blazer, from the inside its under the heater core box, same place under hte hood, just reach down on the motor side

Old 01-02-2010, 03:28 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I got so frustrated with the firewall I have mine running through the door jam you can't even notice it. thats probably the easiest way

Old 01-02-2010, 09:09 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

its also a major fire hazard and it lets everyone know just how much you hate your truck. would you start an engine swap and quite after getting the stock one out? I hope not.

a few options...

there is a rubber boot under the brake booster that the main harness goes through, go in there.

drill a hole, just check both sides first and be careful not to drill into anything.

i think on the passanger floor board under the carpet is an area that has a rubber plug boot.

look under the carpet by the gas pedal for the plugged clutch pedal hole.

I make new holes myself. but i also have ran a lot through the main harness grommet.

DO NOT:
Run through the door jam, as soon as it overheats or gets caught it could short and you could destroy wiring, battery, fuse box, or even burn down the whole truck. And dont think its impossible - i learned when i was young buy a power in the door jam grounded, overheated and melted through some hoses in the engine bay. im just lucky thats all it did. i have know others that lost the whole truck.

Also - dont run it under a veicle and up in the trunk or cargo bay as that can catch on anything you run over and do all i listed before and also body and equiptment damage from it tearing loose.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

like they said there is a grommet on the passenger side. pull the carpet down a few inches and you will see it. For running the wire depending on what gauge it is you can run it under the kick panel and behind the plastic panels in the back.

Quick Reply: How did you guys wire your systems?