Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How do I wire halo headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:49 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I wire halo headlights?

I tried to wire my halo headlights and Iput the halo wires in the socket of the sidemarker bulb, put the bulb in, started up the car, and I blew the starter relay fuse. I don't want to do that again. What wires do I connect the halo wires to? As you can tell, I am still really confused. I want to wire them so when I get in the car and turn my lowbeams on with the round dial to the left of the steering wheel so the dial points up, then the halos will be illuminated.THANK YOU. Pictures would be appreciated.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:08 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How do I wire halo headlights?

Daytime Running Lights do not come on with the headlight switch, if yours is the same as mine the DRL's are actually a lower wattage setting for the highbeams in our headlight assembly. Did you check with the manufacturer wiring diagram for how to hook up the "halo" portion. You might need an additional relay for things to work properly with out blowing fuses....your problems are the reason why I personally would not install the "Halo" style headlight assy.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'd hook the halos up to your parking light system... And sticking wires into a socket is a horrible way to connect them... Make a decent splice and you'll be much better off.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM

I just put the wires in the socket to test the halos and it blew the starter relay. There are two wires going to the side marker bulbs (next to the lowbeams), and three wires going to the bulbs under the headlights. I don't know what wires are what, I guess the three wires are steady power, ground, and blinking power???

Old 03-22-2007, 02:44 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

That's correct, park lights, signal lights, and ground wires...

If you want to test the halo on the side marker light, just have the lights on, and hold the socket in your hands, and make sure the wires don't touch in the middle...

The wires probably shorted in the middle of the socket....

Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Ok. The ground wire is green (I think) and is the middle wire. There are two other wires, one on each side. How can I find out which is which? Do I splice the black wire from the halo into the green ground wire, and the red wire from the halo into the parking wire (when I find out which one it is)? I have the blue connecting splicing clamp. I just found this guide and it looks really helpful.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ground the black wire behind the headlight support. I f you look straight down behind the headlight assembly inside the engine compartment you will see a jumper wire (braided steel) that is grounding on the support, hook it up there.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran

If you have a volt meter, it would make it a lot easier...

Old 03-22-2007, 10:15 PM
2Tone is an unknown quantity at this point

i cut the wiring open from the main headlight bulb, the one that the halo is around, and hard wired them right to that. so when i have my headlights on, the halos are on with them. pretty simple. i didnt read everyones replys, so if someone said the same thing, sorry to say it again. keep me posted on what you think or if you decide to do it.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:17 PM
2Tone is an unknown quantity at this point

oh, you might wanna take the headlight fuses out before you do it too, or you could blow them.

Quick Reply: How do I wire halo headlights?