Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How much clearence on front doors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Starting Member
ExplicitYourSelf is on a distinguished road
Default How much clearence on front doors?

I have a 01 s10 blazer 4 door. I will be purchasing some new components for my front doors, but not sure if the mid drivers will fit depth size. i'm looking into the hybrid audio 6.5 clarus and they are 3" inches in depth. My blazer came equipped with Bose by the factory, will these 6.5 clarus fit my blazer? Have any of ya ever measured the clearence as far as depth? what speakers/compoents do you have installed on your blazer and what did it take for them to fit(if needed)? I was thinking of making a baffle, but not sure if a baffle will clear from not hitting the door panel preventing it not to be able to put back on... feedback would be great thanks

Old 09-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

That should be pretty easy to find out, just be careful when pulling the door panels. I broke a few of my clips when I replaced my components. I never measured the depth of the space available, but I remember there being plenty of room for what I put in. I can't remember what exactly I put in though, some Pioneer something or others I had laying around. But I don't have the Bose system, I'd imagine that there may be even more room with the Bose system but don't quote me on it. Good luck!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Starting Member

I'll find out soon. i ordered a pair of hat 6.5 clarus and they are 3" in depth. thanks

Old 09-19-2011, 11:06 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

my 2.5inch speakers clear no problem, i don't think you'll have any issues with 3" but i never took a tape measure, i just dropped my window and held the speaker in there. let us know, i'm thinking about upgrading my speakers and its always nice to know maximum space

Old 09-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Starting Member

pulled the door panel off on the passenger door and test fitted the mid driver and there is no way that the 3" depth mid driver will clear without a spacer. I'm probably going to use a 3/4 or 1" spacer made out of birch/mdf and see how that goes, hopefully it clears the door panel without causing any problems. Will keep ya posted.

Last edited by ExplicitYourSelf; 09-26-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Has anyone managed to place a 1” spacer/baffle on the speaker location on the front doors? Would like to know what size you
Old 09-26-2011, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran

worst case scenario, cut the speaker grille off the door card and mount a new one on it with a small spacer.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by MTopper
worst case scenario, cut the speaker grille off the door card and mount a new one on it with a small spacer.

That's what i was thinking of doing if anything, but i'm to see what i can do first. Thanks for the idea

Old 09-27-2011, 02:25 PM
BF Veteran

Alton on here cut out the stock speaker grille and made his own baffles to go from the door all the way to the door card allowing great mounting depth and a more sturdy mount.

there are a ton of things i'd love to do but can't do to selling the truck this spring. need better gas mileage for school and work.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Starting Member

I can't seem to find his build log =(

Old 09-27-2011, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran

his build here.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...o-build-50361/

his build over on SSA. little more discussion on why stuff was done and such. sorry if it gets deleted for linking to another forum.
SLOW build on a 2001 GMC Jimmy - SSA Car Audio Forum

Quick Reply: How much clearence on front doors?